Mike Martz

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Martz has been a disappointment this year. The Rams' terrible defense has gone almost all-black, Dane Looker rarely sees the field, and Mike Furrie might not even be on the team anymore. Looks like only Kevin Curtis has a chance to stick with the team at WR.

Now he's claiming Kyle Turley threatened to kill him. Turley denies it. I believe Turley. I've read a lot about him and that sounds totally unlike his character. Turley is one of the best o-linemen in the game and has a strong extroverted personality, unlike many other linemen who are content to blend in as indistinguishable parts of a team. I hope he makes a full recovery and plays next year.

Martz is the most despised NFL coach. He's routinely called an idiot. A lot of it has to do with his play calling, but some of it could also emanate from white self-loathing because of all the white players on the team in recent years, including three white WRs. The guy must be an idiot to have three white receivers, right?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite Mike Martz,I was glad to see the Rams get into the playoffs today.Kevin Curtis actually had a few passes
thrown his way.He had 6 catches for 99 yards.He is way
too talented to just ignore him like they do.With Curtis
and Dane Looker,they have 2 good receivers.Adam Archeletta is a joy to watch as he flys all around the
field.Marc Bulger is one of the top 5 qb's in the NFL.He
had 450 yards passing today.At times,he looks to be as
good as Manning out there.He is severly underated as a
qb.

JD074

Master
I am so glad they won that game. Archuletta
would've been blamed for them not getting into the
playoffs. It would've been awful. He should've had
that interception, no doubt about it. But fortunately
his kicker saved the day and he can put it behind
him and reel it in next time.

And an excellent game for Curtis, too.

sunshine

Mentor
One other thing about the Rams--not sure how much say Martz had in it but Grant Wistrom should have stayed and Leonard Little should not be allowed to play in the NFL because of his drinking while driving record.

hedgehog

Mentor
Mike Martz was interviewed by the Dolphins today. It was also announced in the SF chronicle that Mike Martz is on the short list of coaches for Al Davis and the Raiders. Should be a good oppurtunity for Kevin Curtis, isnt his contract up?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
If Martz gets the Raiders job I actually want Quinn to go there, I do not think Martz likes black QBs especially Russell because he cannot grasp the complicated playbook. Curtis would be great in Oakland and I am sure Martz has an eye on him. Imagine if Martz somehow lands the Miami job and is able to get Curtis, that would be quite a nice tandem with Welker.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Oakland has John Madsen, who when the Raiders finally played him did quite well as a rookie free agent. He was the best receiver on the team after Ronald Curry, though Madsen was used as a tight end.

Madsen's obviously a receiver; he's too thin to be a TE, so if Martz goes to Oakland he may convert Madsen to receiver. It would be great to see Martz as a head coach again.

devans

Mentor
When was the last season that the Raiders had a white Wide Receiver that saw the field and caught a few balls? Lets say 10 catches.

If Madsen is being used as a tight end lets count him out.

I can't remember one in 20 years of watching American Football, but I may have missed something.

I don't think Martz would be a good fit in such an organization.