Logan Dold

White Power

Mentor
A freshman running back for Kansas State who is having a very good game. Man I am so excited about this football season.

White Power

Mentor
Logan ended up having a good game 9 rushes for 59 yards and 1 catch for 4 yards and he is only a freshman and he will only get better.

SteveB

Mentor
Kansas State freshman running back Logan Dold went off against Texas A&M yesterday. Due to injury to the starting RB, Dold was given the start and didn't disappoint. I haven't even heard of this kid until yesterday, but his high school bio is very impressive. From K-State's site:

GARDEN PLAIN HS: A three-star prospect by Rivals, the No. 8 player in the state of Kansas and is ranked as the 50th-best safety in the nation... Scout.com ranked Dold as the No. 9 player in the state and the 33rd-best safety in the nation... Named to the KFBCA Kansas Top 11 and was a first team all-state selection at running back after a stellar senior season... Also named to the PrepStar All-Region team... A two-way player that led Garden Plain to its first-ever state title in 2007 and a perfect 14-0 record... Rushed for 2,388 yards and 49 total touchdowns and added 787 passing yards and seven touchdowns in his final prep season... In the state title game, Dold finished with 289 yards rushing and five touchdowns and completed 6-of-7 passes for 112 yards and a touchdown... Played running back, quarterback and defensive back during high school career... Named the 11-man Offensive Player of the Year in 2007 by the Hutchinson News... Ran for 7,144 yards for his high school career, which ranks second all-time in the state of Kansas for all classes... Also totaled 109 touchdowns for his career... Rushed for 1,859 yards in 2005 and then had 1,538 yards in 2006... Played for head coach Todd Puetz... Also was a standout in track where he won the class 2A state championship in the long jump with a leap of 22.05 feet and also has a personal best in the 100 meters of 10.9 seconds.

PERSONAL: Logan Dold was born June 23, 1989... Parents are Joyce Bilson and Kurt Dold.

Of course Rivals and Scout has to rate him as a SAFETY instead as a RB.

First Career Start Quite a Rush for Dold
343078203.jpg
Edited by: SteveB

tippycat

Where I live is Big Ten country, I live 45 miles from Penn St. Thus we dont see many Big 12 games. Can someone tell me about DOLD. Never seen him, what type of runningback is his, power? speed?..etc.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Looking at his pictures on Scout.com. There is a possibility that he may be a quarter or an eighth black. An eighth black may be little enough that he is still somewhat of a stereotype debunker b/c people may not consider him black. You guys take a look and decide.
smiley1.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yeah white enough for me. He might have some Mexican ancestry or Native American?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah GI, it was the Rivals pic you posted I was talking about. But yeah; I agree with Celticdb. This guy doesn't look black at all at second look and had to overcome the caste system to play RB. He is probably a quarter Native American or Mexican from the looks of him and that certainly didn't help him with the caste system with a name like Dold. I will be pulling hard for him as a caste defier.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Logan Dold led the team out of every single RB with more than 15 carries with a 4.1 YPC average (for a KS ST sub-par offense to boot). He actually played quite well for a true frosh considering the circumstance- 82-333-3TDs

The guy who had the most carries on the team Lamark Brown ran for only 3.5 YPC (118-412-5TDs). Another example that Performance means nothing.
smiley11.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I understand the guy Kansas State looks to be handing the starting job to was third string last year. Keithen Valentine ran for 3.8 YPC (34-129-1TD) in '08. Valentine is a senior- but it makes no sense to be trying Dold at Safety when Dold played the best on the roster there last year and they are weak overall at RB.

They look to be pushing Jarell Childs who formerly played mostly fullback to be the backup tailback.

<snip
K-State tries Dold at safety
Kansas State's Logan Dold ran for 336 yards last year, but he is working at safety this spring.

By Austin Meek
Created April 28, 2009 at 7:01pm
Updated April 29, 2009 at 1:05am

"I did (play fullback) at the beginning," Childs said. "They told me I was going to play both fullback and running back, but right now, I'm mainly at running back."

At 6-1 and 220 pounds, Childs could be used as a change-of-pace back to complement the smaller, shiftier Valentine.
snip>

Childs is a redshirt freshman with far less experience than Dold at RB. Dold is Kansas State H.S's 2nd all-time leading rusher. He has a PB 10.9 100 meters and can break 22 feet in the long jump. The truth of this matter here lies with Dold's skin pigment.
smiley7.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the compliment. I know I often go on long, but I try to document the entire picture b/c I know there are many lurkers who check out this board sometimes.

White Power

Mentor
Dold is still listed as a running back and will get plenty of playing time could even start according to his bio on the K state web site. He could still get switched to safety, but for now he's still a running back. For what it's worth maybe Snyder hasn't lost his mind just quite yet, but the season hasn't begun and you never know what will happen.