Lennox Lewis

freedom1

Mentor
From the guy who wouldn't fight Vitali in a rematch:

Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis has been away from the ring for a few years, and he is still not impressed by any of the current world champions.

Lewis said that the entire division has slowed down, and his retirement has been felt.
"This shows the impact I had on the heavyweight scene because it is a flat period (now) and I think I am the cause of that (by retiring)," Lewis said.

When the subject of fights with any of the four current champions â€â€￾ Wladimir Klitschko, Sergei Liakhovich, Nikolai Valuev or Oleg Maskaev â€â€￾ came up, Lewis said that even now he could beat them all, and wishes he was still an active fighter so he could dominate. He noted that his days of fighting are long gone, and a new fighter must step up and take over the division.

"I wish I was still around now because with the style I have I could beat all of them, but I have retired and gone to other things," Lewis said. "Now it is up to someone else to take the reins over."

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes a an overweight 41 year old would dominate. I hear he still smokes alot "erb"...
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
freedom1 said:
"Now it is up to someone else to take the reins over."

Lummox Lewis hasn't yet figured out the reins have already been taken over by white fighters.What Lewis really means of course, is that he's waiting for a fellow black to hold the reins.

Hockaday

Guru
There's nothing flat at all about the HW division these days. As a matter of fact, I'd say the top of the division's average IQ has gone up, oh, say about 15 or 20 points.

Edited by: Hockaday

Gary

Mentor
Lewis is afraid of Vitali and Vitali only wants to fight Lewis.Wlad can beat Lewis.Lewis was KO'd by McCall and Rahman-two bums!!

Alpha Male

Mentor
Funny how Lewis was KO'd by Rahman and Oleg stomps on Rahman and he still thinks he could have no trouble with the division. Hmmmm. Big ego.....Edited by: Alpha Male