Latino Dominance

Alpha Male

Mentor
The New York Post wrote as a headline something of:

Success of the Whitesox confirms Latino Domincance.

Does this make any senes. The Whitesox are still a white majority team??Edited by: Alpha Male

I am from Chicago. In our local news media, the White Sox are being pushed as an "Hispanic" team. They have six players from Santo Domingo and two from Cuba. With the Japanese 2b man and the trainer from the Netherlands, the WS have been called team diversity. They think that this will bring in the fans.
smiley36.gif
All it will do is drive up the price of Cubs tickets for next year.

One story in the paper talked about how all the Spanishplayershave lockers together and play loud salsa music.

Adding to the problem is manager Ozzie Guelen. (SP) He is from Veneula.He likes the Anti-American leader of that country, Hugo Chavez. (In fairness, Ozzies' mother hates Chavez)

When a white player performs heroically, Ozzie gives slight praise. When an Hispanic is heroic, he praises him on and on. This is a rare event, for the whites usually start and win the games.

That is all for now. The Cubs are the most popular team in Chicago because they are the "White" team. I will tell you more about this later if you are interested.

G

the white sox are pretty white. i see white guys doing most of the work on this team. i was actually surprised at how white the world series was.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Welcome to the board Screamingeagle,

I haven't followed the Whitesox but I assume you do. So, despite the fact that the Cubs are a majority white team, who are their star players? If they are Hispanic then it makes sense that the diversity loving media would project them this way. Scott Podenksi is the only player I'm familar with and he's white.

Gary

Mentor
Let's see there names are Rowand, Crede, Cotts, Jenks, Blum, Politte, Buehre, Podsednik, Pierzynski and Konerko!! Don't sound too Hispanic to me!! This team would not be in the World Series if not for Konerko!!!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
You know, I was actually worried that someone would come up with this idea, if the Astros lost the series. Much ado was made of the Sox being Team Diversity, while the Astros are noticeably one of the whitest in baseball. It doesn't matter that the Astros beat all the other clubs to make it to the Series; it doesn't matter that the majority of the players on the Sox are white. The die has been cast, the more diverse team looks to win the Series and this will only reinforce anti-white stereotypes.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Agree completely, WS. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's sports section today hasa huge headline on the front page -- "STRIKEOUT Astros First Series Team WithoutA Black Player Since '53." The day afterHouston fell behind 3-0 was the perfect time to run such a headline for maximum propaganda effect.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The crazy thing is they left so many teams full of black players in the dust, to actually make it to the Series. And teams with plenty of black players lose the in the Series all the time, too.

In a way though, I guess we're facing a bit of our own music, as I know I would have crowed on the rooftops about the Astros winning the Series without a black player on the roster.
smiley36.gif
Can't crow too much when you come in second place though, no matter how many other teams you beat.
smiley5.gif

Bear-Arms

Mentor
screamingeagle said:
I am from Chicago. In our local news media, the White Sox are being pushed as an "Hispanic" team. They have six players from Santo Domingo and two from Cuba. With the Japanese 2b man and the trainer from the Netherlands, the WS have been called team diversity. They think that this will bring in the fans.
smiley36.gif
All it will do is drive up the price of Cubs tickets for next year.

One story in the paper talked about how all the Spanish players have lockers together and play loud salsa music.

Adding to the problem is manager Ozzie Guelen. (SP) He is from Veneula. He likes the Anti-American leader of that country, Hugo Chavez. (In fairness, Ozzies' mother hates Chavez)

When a white player performs heroically, Ozzie gives slight praise. When an Hispanic is heroic, he praises him on and on. This is a rare event, for the whites usually start and win the games.

That is all for now. The Cubs are the most popular team in Chicago because they are the "White" team. I will tell you more about this later if you are interested.

I can tell youre a Cubs fan. The Cubs have a white starting pitching staff like most teams do, but thats about it. Yeah, Ozzie is hispanic, but the Cubs coach doesn't look any whiter. I'd be interested to hear more from you. I'd like to know how much you fawn over Derek Lee and Sammy Sosa when he was with the team.

Kaptain

Master
The pitcher who gave up the game-winning homerun last night sure looked black to me. Maybe if they were truly all-white they would still be in the series.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
In a way though, I guess we're facing a bit of our own music, as I know I would have crowed on the rooftops about the Astros winning the Series without a black player on the roster.
smiley36.gif
Can't crow too much when you come in second place though, no matter how many other teams you beat.
smiley5.gif

We would have crowed for sure, but the Astros overcame a 15-30 start to reach the World Series for the first time, and the White Sox were remade in a much whiter cast this past off-season after quite a few years having as few whites as any team in baseball. Almost all their stars and post-season heroes were of the politically incorrect hue.
smiley2.gif

JD074

Master
Don Wassall said:
Almost all their stars and post-season heroes were of the politically incorrect hue. 
smiley2.gif

Except their World Series MVP, Jermaine Dye. Ugh. I guess they had to go out of their way to find the only black American player to do much of anything to give the award to. If they had to give it to a non-white, it should have been Freddy Garcia. Seven shut-out innings to clinch the series (and he probably would've pitched 8 or 9 if they didn't pinch hit for him) was much more impressive than Dye's dinky little ground ball up the middle to get the run in after the runner had been advanced to third by other players, including our man, Scott Podsednik. Argh!

G

you guys came to most of the same conclusions as me.

jermaine dye is OK but he's like chauncy billups. one of the weakest MVPs ever. white players made most of the important plays for the white sox in the world series. dye was simply a reliable hitter. right player in the right place.

i'm also sure that if anybody got in an argument about the astros having no black players, it would quickly turn into "That's why they lost."

also, the cubs are definitely not the white team in chicago. most of the cubs players are black. the white sox are a lot whiter.

I was just glad that the white kids watching were able to see whites
dominating play. That they were able to see white faces all over the
screen, all over the field. That they saw Konerko and Podsednik drop
bombs in spectacular fashion, to see Podsednik steal bases in the sport's
biggest show. Considering how our kids are buried under images of Vick,
Ray Lewis, Tony Gonzalez, Albert Pujols and so on, it was a big plus to
see a bunch of white guys on both sides getting it done. Edited by: Colonel Callan

I am a Cub fan. Like most Cubs fans, I ignore the White Sox.During the season, the dismal losing Cubshad a better attendance than the first place White Sox. The experts could not understand why. It was because the Sox were being promoted as a non-white team.

During the playoffs, everybody could see that the starters were mostly white. The important players were white. Fans now inderstand that this is not team diversity, but a white team. Expect attendance to increase next year.

Frank Thomas called the White Sox , Team Diversity. He played only 34 games last year.

VFChicago28

Joe Crede was robbed of the MVP trophy during the WS. He made amazing play after amazing play at 3rd and he was hitting around 300 during the series. Buerhle and Garland are no doubt there best starters. As for their relievers Cotts, Politte, Hermanson, and Jenks were the best, once again all white. Aaron Rowand the CF, was robbed of a gold glove. MLB picked Tori Hunter as the gold glove CF, even though he missed half the season. And of course there Paul Konerko the team leader who led the team in HRs and was a stud at first. Podsednik who led the team in SBs and in BA. Pierzynski called great games behing the plate all year.

Cubs get more attention not because they are a white team, but because they are in a great location in the city, and because they are owned by the Chicago Tribune who own several Chicago TV stations so of course the cubs are going to get more attention. If fact i think the Cubs have more darkies on their team then the White Sox. I wouldnt mind if they implode Wrigley Field, the ballpark is falling apart, just like the Cubs do every year.

referendum

Mentor
Concerning White sox manager Guillen liking Chavez, president of Venezuela, I'd like to add, in fairness, that Chavez is fighting the new world order, is opposed to the war in Iraq, is opposed to a South American NAFTA. He is clearly on the left, but is honestly fighting the one world, US imperialist Bush war machine, so much so that he's been targeted by the usual neo-con suspects as the next bad guy.