Kobe Fined $100K for "Anti-Gay" Remarks

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Like most of my CF brothers here, I'm NO fan or apologist for "YObe". However, this fine is pure cultural marxist BS. I'm sure the NBA lets these affletes get away with a constant flow of profanity on the court...but dare they not utter a slur against the (PTB enabled) sodomites! Notice how (jude) Stern takes "swift action" against this...but lets the TNB thuggery slide. This is another reason I don't watch the dadgum NBA these days.

Kobe Bryant fined $100,000 for gay slur

By GREG BEACHAM

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES â€" The NBA fined Kobe Bryant $100,000 on Wednesday for using a derogatory gay term in frustration over a referee's call.
Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant bites his jersey during the first half of an NBA basketball game against the San Antonio Spurs in Los Angeles, Tuesday, April 12, 2011. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson)

NBA Commissioner David Stern issued a swift disciplinary ruling after the Los Angeles Lakers' five-time NBA champion guard cursed and used the homophobic slur when referee Bennie Adams called a technical foul on him during the third quarter of a victory over the San Antonio Spurs.

"Kobe Bryant's comment during last night's game was offensive and inexcusable," Stern said. "While I'm fully aware that basketball is an emotional game, such a distasteful term should never be tolerated. ... Kobe and everyone associated with the NBA know that insensitive or derogatory comments are not acceptable and have no place in our game or society."

Stern's action drew praise from gay-rights organizations that had demanded a fuller apology from Bryant and condemnation of his words by the Lakers. Bryant, the sixth-leading scorer in NBA history, issued a statement earlier Wednesday saying his words came strictly out of anger and shouldn't be taken literally.

"We applaud Commissioner Stern and the NBA for not only fining Bryant but for recognizing that slurs and derogatory comments have no place on the basketball court or in society at large," Human Rights Campaign President Joe Solmonese said. "We hope such swift and decisive action will send a strong and universal message that this kind of hateful outburst is simply inexcusable no matter what the context."

Solmonese said Bryant also personally called him to apologize.

"He told me that it's never OK to degrade or tease, and that he understands how his words could unfortunately give the wrong impression that this is appropriate conduct," Solmonese said. "At the end of a difficult day, I applaud Kobe for coming forward and taking responsibility for his actions."

Bryant's words and actions were captured by TNT's cameras during the network's national broadcast of the Lakers' regular-season home finale.

Bryant punched his chair before taking a seat on the bench, throwing a towel on the court near his feet in frustration after picking up his fourth foul in the third quarter. He got his 15th technical of the season for arguing the call, one shy of the cumulative trigger for a one-game NBA suspension.

"What I said last night should not be taken literally. My actions were out of frustration during the heat of the game, period," Bryant said in a statement issued through the Lakers. "The words expressed do NOT reflect my feelings towards the gay and lesbian communities and were NOT meant to offend anyone."

The 32-year-old Bryant is a former league MVP, a 13-time All-Star, the leading scorer in Lakers franchise history and sixth on the NBA's career list after passing Moses Malone last month. He was the MVP of the last two NBA finals while leading the Lakers to back-to-back titles.

Bryant has been among the NBA's most popular players worldwide for most of his 15-year career, spent entirely with the Lakers, even after he was arrested and accused of sexual assault in 2003 in a case that was later dropped. He has several lucrative endorsement deals with companies ranging from Sprite to Turkish Airlines.

His No. 24 jersey was the league's best-selling uniform among fans during each of the past two seasons, and Bryant's jersey finished second to LeBron James' new Miami uniform in the NBA's annual rankings released earlier Wednesday.

"It's unfortunate he got caught saying something like that. It came in the heat of the game. He made his apology, and we move forward," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said before his team faced the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night.

Gay-rights groups quickly denounced Bryant's actions against Adams. Jarrett Barrios, president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, saw an opportunity to put a spotlight on the unacceptable nature of anti-gay slurs and later praised the NBA for taking action against Bryant.

"When such a prolific cultural institution like the NBA speaks out against hateful words, we are reminded that fair-minded Americans are siding with equality for all," Barrios said.

Known as a fierce competitor with a nasty edge, Bryant has ranked among the NBA's top 10 accumulators of technical fouls during each of the past six seasons, and he has edged right up to the line of serious NBA discipline this spring. He ranks second only to Orlando's Dwight Howard in technical fouls this season, mostly for arguing with referees.

Bryant was called for an additional technical foul that was rescinded Monday. If Bryant gets another T in the Lakers' season finale at Sacramento on Wednesday night, he would be suspended for the first game of next season, not for a playoff game.

The Lakers will open the playoffs this weekend at Staples Center.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/kobe-bryant-fined-100-908243.htmlEdited by: DixieDestroyer

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have no issue with gay slurs at all, public shame is what used to keep the sodomites in the closet where they belong. I don't think Kobe should have said that to the official but have no problem with him using that word to those who have it coming. I will say this for black people, they have little to no respect for gays in their community and don't tolerate it in their churches.

Westside

Hall of Famer
This all comes down to dollars and cents. Right now the NBA is struggling with many if not the majority of teams in the red. Rabbi Stearn is trying to minimize any bad PR and right now the Gay/Lesbian groups weld power to create enough bad publicity and demonize the sponsors that Strean has no choice.

foobar75

Master
Well said Westside. This episode is a prime example of how powerful the homosexual mafia has become in this country. What would have passed as a harmless remark just a few years ago now comes with official press releases and condemnations, multiple apologies, and a hefty fine. Saying the wrong thing, however miniscule it may be, could instantly ruin your life depending on whom you've offended. If you make proper amends and apologize profusely, you may be a given a second chance.

From what I can see, a good majority of gay people, especially the radical ones pushing forth the homosexual agenda, tend to be amongst the most prejudicial, hateful, and bigoted people around. There's no room for any other point of view in their world. If you disagree with them, you're instantly labeled a homophobe, and they have the power to destroy you.

Pretty scary stuff, and it's ony going to get worse. So long the First Amendment, it was nice knowing you.
smiley6.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Thanks foobar75.

j41181

Master
It's safe to say that had a white player said such remarks, it be the end of his career. As for Kobe-dickh**d, good for him in pressing red button against the gay/lesbian mafia.

I guess the radical Marxists CAN'T control these affletes!
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The NBA of today sucks, plain and simple. Bring back the good old days with guys like Stockton, Gugliotta, Malone and Mullin. Then maybe I'd watch some games.

Kobe Bryant is being attacked a hundred times worse for uttering one word in the heat of the moment during a game than for being accused of rape some years ago. The rape charge had been airbrushed away.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point, sport historian. I'm not a fan of the NBA or Bryant. It is amazing so see the power of the PC police and the homosexual lobby in this country. Just another part of the cultural Marxist machine that is hell bent on destroying our freedoms and our society.

Colonel_Reb said:
Good point, sport historian. I'm not a fan of the NBA or Bryant. It is amazing so see the power of the PC police and the homosexual lobby in this country. Just another part of the cultural Marxist machine that is hell bent on destroying our freedoms and our society. 

As I recall, some DWFs sent death threats to the young woman who accused Bryant of rape.

Westside

Hall of Famer
As I recall, the girl was really unattractive and Kobe attempted to sodimize her as well. I still question WTF she was doing up in his room at O dark thirty?

Anyways, Kobe is back to getting huge endorsements. Just think if a marquee White athlete had the same accusaions? Then paid off the "victim" millions of dollars not to go public? He would have been run out of the league even if he was Steve Nash or Larry Bird.

No matter, along as there millions of DWFs and loathers, no problem for their affelets.
smiley11.gif

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
OK, a coupleof things here, guest301, I hereblacks (gym talk mostly) in my area of the country, believe it or not, the Bible Belt, talkin about hittin it the rear! Maybe just maybe that's why AIDS is more prevelant in the black community!

Exactly right foobar, they(gays) want us to be tolerant of their wrong choices in life, but will notbe tolerant of straight people's right choice.

Now, I'm in no way taking sides on blacks and whites being fired for comments, but there was a former black NBA player(Golden State Warriors) guard turned ESPNradio commentator, who said he couldn't stand homosexuals and did not want to be around them in the locker room, when a formerNBA a player came out. He was immediately fired by Stern. Who was that? Anyone remember?

j41181

Master
Carolina Speed said:
Now, I'm in no way taking sides on  blacks and whites being fired for comments, but there was a former black NBA player(Golden State Warriors) guard turned ESPN radio commentator, who said he couldn't stand homosexuals and did not want to be around them in the locker room, when a former NBA a player came out. He was immediately fired by Stern. Who was that? Anyone remember? </div>
Tim Hardaway

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I may or may not have to be corrected. I'm not sure who T. Hardaway was employed by at the time, but he was removed from his position. The point is in most cases this wouldn't have happened to a black person, but in all cases it would havecaused a white employee to be fired immediately. Apologies, if it wasn't Stern or ESPNwho fired Hardaway!

j41181

Master
For all the championships and MVPs Kobe wins, he still acts like an immature prima donna. Despite the high profile nature of the rape charge then against him, he manages to get by it, and continue getting endorsement deals. That how SHORT SIGHTED people have become in this day and age. The Zionist media downplays such negative moments for these afftletes (Woods is another case), and eventually will JUST restore their image as if it was a bad dream, they did nothing wrong.

Imagine Federer or Nadal in such a scandal? They'd never recover from it. Any white athlete that makes a bigot slur (spur of the moment especially) will always bite the dust. John Rocker is quite an example.

Lakers lost today, and Kobe looked stupid and HOGGED the ball. Despite 5 rings, he'll NEVER learn what it takes to be a TRUE leader & winner. What, blame his teammates? Gasol only took 9 shots, no other Laker had at least 10 shots.

Brother Marc had an impressive playoff debut (24 points) in helping the Grizzlies win their first playoff game over the Spurs. San Antonio is w/o Ginobili and his absence truly hurts them. Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
For all the championships and MVPs Kobe wins, he still acts like an immature prima donna. Despite the high profile nature of the rape charge then against him, he manages to get by it, and continue getting endorsement deals. That how SHORT SIGHTED people have become in this day and age. The Zionist media downplays such negative moments for these afftletes (Woods is another case), and eventually will JUST restore their image as if it was a bad dream, they did nothing wrong.

Imagine Federer or Nadal in such a scandal? They'd never recover from it. Any white athlete that makes a bigot slur (spur of the moment especially) will always bite the dust. John Rocker is quite an example.

Lakers lost today, and Kobe looked stupid and HOGGED the ball. Despite 5 rings, he'll learn what it takes to be a TRUE winner. What blame his teammates? Gasol only took 9 shots, no other Laker had at least 10 shots.

Brother Marc had an impressive playoff debut (24 points) in helping the Grizzlies win their first playoff game over the Spurs. San Antonio is w/o Ginobili and his absence truly hurts them.

White athletes with even a smudge on their records are run of of town. Remember Mark Chmura? He was found not guilty but still faced the wrath of the DWF's.

Yobe Bryant is a scumbag, plain and simple. He thinks he's above the world and if not for his basketball career he'd either be in jail or working at McDonald's.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
]White athletes with even a smudge on their records are run of of town.  Remember Mark Chmura?  He was found not guilty but still faced the wrath of the DWF's.  Yobe Bryant is a scumbag, plain and simple.  He thinks he's above the world and if not for his basketball career he'd either be in jail or working at McDonald's.  
The problem with people nowadays, is that they've grown to admire bad publicity. Bad publicity (Zionist-led propaganda) always sells, and when a high profile athlete (especially afflete) commits a scandal, people will say of sorts of stuff like shouldn't have done that, what a moron, and what not.

People give such affletes too much attention over such bad, morally wrong publicity, and eventually forget they did such a thing, thanks to the power of the Zionist/Marxist media. At the same, practice for tolerance and freedom of expression is becoming a lost art.

The USA is on the path of becoming a nation of SPECIAL INTERESTS and PRIVILEGES.

Jews (other Non-Christians), Homos, Women and Non-whites get ALL the special interests and privileges, while Christians, Straight, Men and Whites are becoming the sheeple, zombies. To push around and make fun of. Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
]White athletes with even a smudge on their records are run of of town. Remember Mark Chmura? He was found not guilty but still faced the wrath of the DWF's. Yobe Bryant is a scumbag, plain and simple. He thinks he's above the world and if not for his basketball career he'd either be in jail or working at McDonald's.

The problem with people nowadays, is that they've grown to admire bad publicity. Bad publicity (Zionist-led propaganda) always sells, and when a high profile athlete (especially afflete) commits a scandal, people will say of sorts of stuff like shouldn't have done that, what a moron, and what not.

People give such affletes too much attention over such bad, morally wrong publicity, and eventually forget they did such a thing, thanks to the power of the Zionist/Marxist media. At the same, practice for tolerance and freedom of expression is becoming a lost art.

The USA is on the path of becoming a nation of SPECIAL INTERESTS and PRIVILEGES.

HOMOS, Women and non-whites get ALL the special interests and privileges, while straight, men and whites are becoming the sheeple, zombies. To push around and make fun of.

Also, every time an afflete commits a crime and racially aware whites call him out on it they get labeled as racists. We are expected not to speak badly of blacks even if they commit the most horrendous crimes. Anytime an afflete faces serious charges blacks always claim he was "set up" and white racism is responsible for the situation.