KLITSCHKO v.s. PETER "All But Done!"

According to manager Ivalyo Gotzev, his fighter, Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter, 24-0 (21), and former WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko, 44-3 (40), have "all but finalized," a deal for their box-off to determine the IBF's new #1 contender. Gotzev says it appears the bout will be on September 24 and that possible sites include Atlantic City; Dallas, Texas; Madison Square Garden in New York; and Las Vegas. "Finally, the moment of truth is upon us. We have agreed to the terms of the fight and there are no excuses," said an elated Gotzev. "He challenged me on fightnews, so now I'm going to 'walk the walk.' As of today, you are a dead man walking, Klitschko," said the hard-punching Peter.
Edited by: onewarrior5

moose

Guru
tough fight for vlad, peter is a ko puncher and vlad does not have a great chin

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Peter has never felt the power that Wlad will dish out.
Klitschko knows what it is like to be in there with
better competition.This will slow down Samuel and bring
him back down to earth.Back to earth as in getting knocked
out cold.Ha.ha.

bigman

Guru
if it were WBC champ Vlad (before back problems ) I would say Peteris being led to the slaughter... but younger brother Wlad is not Vlad and is a whole different story... I see Wlad haveing alot of trouble with Peter.. this could be a good fight.

Kaptain

Master
Bigman, you mean Vitali not Vlad. Any fight between top heavyweights could end either way. But even you have to admit that Wlad posseses the superior boxing skills and should be the odds on favorite. A lot of great fighters were considered to have glass jaws early in their career because they didn't know how to survive when they got in trouble. Tommy Hearns is great example of fighter who learned how to survive late in his career. We'll see if Wlad as learned to survive yet. That is, if he gets hit.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wlad will take out Peter.They haven't felt the power of
the IRON FIST.It's funny how they say that Wlad is washed
up.First off he is still young.Second,Lennox Lewis was
knocked out twice and never was doubted.It is so funny how
Klitschko has a 40-3 Record and they say he is done.What
a joke?He is still learning and growing as a fighter.He
has more power than any heavyweight out there right now.
Wlad will knock out Peter.The only nigerian nightmare will
be the reality that he got knocked out cold.That will be
his own living nightmare!Ha.ha.

bigman

Guru
Lennox Lewis was doubted after each of those knock outs.. .. sorry aboutmanglingVitali's name.... I have seenboth of them fight anVitali isso farsuperior to his younger brother that one wonders how much Wlad is learning with all the sparing they do together..Vitali moves very well defensively, has good midsectionagility in avoiding punches..and his offense of courseis exceptional.... the younger brother however seems to have much lessto work with, his foot speed from what I have seen is not near Vitali's. Wlad just does not inspire much confidence...I have not seen Peter fight, but from the accounts I have heard he isfairly talented.... We will see if Wlad can kick it up a notch.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
bigman, I don't know if you realize it or not, but Wlad was almost universally considered the more talented of the two. More athletic, more powerful, in general an all-around better boxer. Vitali was always thought of gangly and unorthodox. His rise to the top of the heavyweight division before, or instead of, his brother has stumped boxing experts.

The only reason Wlad hasn't dominated the division thoroughly is because he has been knocked out twice, which obviously makes one question his chin, drugging allegations not withstanding. Thats not a good thing in the heavyweight division, and more so against a slugger like Peter.

I would love to see Wlad knock him out, but I think it will be a good fight nonetheless.

Sean

Mentor
Well, as an amateur, Peter was horribly outboxed by Italian Heavyweight Paolo Vidoz (Who jut beat Timo Hoffmann). I like Vidoz, but it is clear that Wlad is an even better boxer, and probably has more power (although Vidoz was the first person to ever knock down Hofmann, even Vitali couldn't). If Peter cannot work his way inside, it will be a very long night!

I think Wlad will beat Peter in the mid rounds. Peter has no skill compared to Wlad. His only hope is his power, but Wlad has equal power to Sam. Good fight.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Wasn't it posted in Ring magazine that Peter was Vlad's sparring partner and that Vlad beat him so badly that lou Duvalla pulled him out of the ring before the session was over? Edited by: Alpha Male

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Too bad fits isn't around to see this fight made, after he said that Wlad was pulling the oldest trick in the book of boxing, which is to accept a challenge after another fight has been made.

Well Peter vs Sinal Sam isn't happening. Its Klitschko v Peter, and hats off to the K2 for accepting all comers. Anybody who looks at the track record of these two guys cannot honestly say they're ducking ANYBODY. Wlad has to try and SUE to get the best to fight him, Vitali says he'll fight anybody come Sept, Rahman, Brewster, whoever he doesn't care. And people still talk trash.

I sincerely hope with every fiber of my being that these two gentlemen can stay atop the heavyweight division for years to come.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I second that assertion.The Klitschko Brothers are the
best thing to happen to boxing & the Heavyweight Division
in a long time.They both are exciting to watch and carry
themselves with class.It's not too often these days when
boxers can be looked up to as role models.How many
languages do these guys speak?I believe it is around
five and they have a Phd.