Kessler and Beyer

jcolec02

Mentor
OK I know that we are all excited about what is going on in the heavyweight division...but lets not forget about Mikkel Kessler and Markus Beyer...other than Joe Calzaghe and PERHAPS Ricky Hatton Kessler is definetly the best pound for pound fighter and Beyer isnt far behind. Kessler is 37-0, Beyer is 34-2-1 and Kessler is fighting Beyer Oct. 14...I have heard Sugar Ray Leonard talk about the potential of Kessler being a superstar in america due to his great fighting ability, and his handsome good looks...not to mention he has one of the baddest tatoos ive ever seen...you should do an image search on google and see it!

JD074

Master
I saw his first fight on Youtube and he was so young and clean cut. He looked like a WWII soldier or something. Then I saw a more recent fight and... woah!

mundine_wideweb__430x344.jpg

r49338_130577.jpg

kessler_top.jpg

jcolec02

Mentor
he has a mean look to him plus alot of talent...thats what i like about him most

JD074

Master
Well I don't know how recent it was, just that it was more recent than the first one I saw. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJM71aHVBmc

Notice how frustrated Kessler is after the fight. I think he wanted to fight some more!

And here's a brief clip of another fight, but it doesn't show much unfortunately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBMMnZ7HyU

Both clips are labeled Kessler vs. Mundine; the guy in the second clip is Mundine (he's also in those photos above.)

And here's his pro debut; according to the person who posted it, it was in 1998:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wczXXMSJew

For some reason he had to give the guy flowers before the fight! Huh?!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: JD074

Hockaday

Guru
The Calzaghe fight went the distance, so they didn't show much of Kessler-Beyer, just the knockout. Kessler looked good from what little I saw. I wish I had some way to watch more of the European fights. There should be a demand for some kind of European-American TV hook-up. Somebody, ESPN, Fox, Show, HBO, Versus, step up. There's money to be made.

Iron

Guru
Kessler's brilliant.He destroyed Beyer a good opponent,fellow beltholder in 3 rounds.From what i saw of the knockout,his punches looked quick,accurate and hard.Alongside Mayweather,he's probably p4p the best in the world.He dos'nt appear in the Ring's official p4p rankings top ten though which is inevitably always harder for White fighters to crack,but surely after more performances like this,its only a matter of time.It would be great to see him take on Jermaine Taylor who beat Hopkins twice or Bernard Hopkins himself.As good as they are,for me Kessler takes them easily.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Hockaday said:
The Calzaghe fight went the distance, so they didn't show much of Kessler-Beyer, just the knockout. Kessler looked good from what little I saw. I wish I had some way to watch more of the European fights. There should be a demand for some kind of European-American TV hook-up. Somebody, ESPN, Fox, Show, HBO, Versus, step up. There's money to be made.
Occasionally these fights are on boards. I have downloaded many euro fights that Showtime and HBO have passed on. Many times these euro fights are better than the dreck that HBO shows on their free shows..
smiley5.gif