Kesseler vs Froch Rematch 5/25/13

Westside

Hall of Famer
This should be a great fight between 2 of the best fighters in all of boxing. Both have got their respective careers back on track after losses to Andre Ward.

Both have huge momentum and confidence right now with their most recent wins. It will definitely be a "pick em" fight. However, If I had to pick winner, it would Frochy. He just has the most intense confidence in himself and ability and power to back it up.

Kesseler not far behind also has the ability to surely win with his skills and power. But I think Froch will walk thrue what ever Kesseler brings to the table, and just walk him down and score the win and possibly a TKO. A great fight ahead.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I think Kessler will win just like in their first fight. Froch may have the edge in power but Kessler is clearly the better boxer. Regardless, it certainly will be a great fight.

I'm really looking forward to this fight, and aside from Klitschko-Povetkin, it's probably my most anticipated fight of the year!

I love European superfights and in my opinion, the quality of showmanship (ie venue, officiating, broadcasting, theatrics, overall event presentation) in European fights far exceeds that of American fights. Fights in Germany always have an unparalleled air of excellence and sportsmanship that is unseen in the USA. This fight is occurring in the UK, and in my experience, the UK is always a rowdy, rough, electric type of crowd, Froch's fight with Bute was absolutely electric in Nottingham and there was a sportswriter (Dan Rafael maybe?) who said it was the most electric atmosphere he's ever felt. Froch-Dirrell was pretty awesome too in terms of atmosphere.

I'm a supporter of both guys, probably a bigger fan of Mikkel than Carl though. I'm a Facebook member on Mikkel's fan page which is cool cause he often posts personal things so it gives you insight into his life away from boxing, training, etc. A cool look.

For what it's worth, I genuinely thought Mikkel won their first meeting, it was close but I thought he edged it. This time around, Froch is riding a lot more momentum, and Froch will get crowd advantage since the fight is in the UK.

Looking forward to it!

Prediction: A great fight! (Hard to pick a winner!)

Last edited: