June Fights

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Lou Savarese vs. Evander Holyfield, June 30, in Texas

Paul Malignaggi vs. Lovemore N'Dou:

According an always reliable source (protected by copyright so I shouldn't name it), a fight between Paul Malignaggi and Lovemore N'Dou for the IBF light welterweight title has been finalized, to take place on June 16 and be televised on HBO Boxing After Dark. This will be a chance for Malignaggi to win a title!

smiley14.gif
Edited by: JD1986

JD074

Master
JD1986 said:
Platov vs. Holyfield:

Today fightnews.com reported that Oleg Platov will probably face Evander Holyfield on June 15 in Calgary. I will actually be able to attend this one.

WTF?! Platov is only 24 years old and 25-1, so this would be a strange time in his career to fight Holyfield.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Oleg Platov did fight former title holder Akinwande. Beating "Headbutt" Holyfield would be great for Platov, he would become high-profile, it would really launch his career.

Being beaten would end Holyfield's career, however, so there's no way he would take this fight unless he's sure he will win. Platov's style is to fight in close and he's short enough to be easily headbutted by Holyfield, so that may be why he was chosen. Holyfield has a more difficult time against taller opponents (Lewis).

I see the story of Platov vs. Holyfield is now the lead story in the English language section of boxnews.com.ua (the Russian boxing website) but they're just quoting the fightnews.com story.Edited by: JD1986

white is right

Hall of Famer
From what I have heard Lou Saverese is the next opponent. From the look of Oldyfields opponents a young prospect would be the last opponent he would want to fight. He is taking the George Foreman route. Oldyfield will only fight a real fighter in an eliminator or for a title.

Sean

Mentor
Malignaggi should beat Ndou pretty easily, he just has too many tools.

If Platov-Holyfield is a go, then it is a very good fight for Platov. If he trains hard he should be able to win it.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
June 2:
Joe Mesi vs. Rafael Pedro, and Sultan Ibrigamov vs. Shannon Briggs

June 16:
Paul Malignaggi vs. Lovemore N'Dou

June 23:
Ricky Hatton vs. JL Castillo, and Clinton Woods vs. JC Gonzalez

June 30:
Lou Savarase vs. Evander Holyfield

Alexander Povetkin vs Monte Barrett

The last one is the one I'm most looking forward to...Povetkin is the best heavyweight in the world except for Wladimir and Vitali.Edited by: JD1986

JD074

Master
And a few more June fights: Lucian Bute vs. Sakio Bika on the 15th, Zsolt Erdei on the 16th, and Sidorenko on the 29th.

smiley4.gif
Edited by: JD074