Jon Leuer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jon Leuer will be the man up at Madison this year. He is one of a trio of white talented seniors who will lead the Badgers. Leuer is 6'10 240 lbs and really has a well rounded game to go with his athleticism.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=5170985

ncb_u_leuer_400.jpg
Edited by: celticdb15

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
he's an excellent player, celticdb15. one of my favorites, in fact. i've posted about Leuer in numerous threads over the last couple of seasons, and it's about time he had his own thread.
smiley20.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think so too JC. I double checked to make sure he didn't have his own thread but I remember you mentioning him in your long and ahletic big man thread. I have a feeling this kids thread will be a popular one come basketball season
smiley4.gif

j41181

Master
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jon-leuer

They're comparing him to Kirk Haston?

Kirk Haston jump to the NBA too early (after 3rd year in Indiana), while Leuer is a senior, and is a late bloomer. He's as developed as one could hope, and if drafted by the most ideal NBA team, could be an effective player of the bench.

Haston's pro career was marred by constant knee injuries. Many to this day still think he should've stayed in Indiana for his senior.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Leuer may have had his best game of the season last night playing against 12th ranked Purdue. He had 24 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal and was the main reason The Badgers were able to pull the upset! I really like his offensive game and he's a solid defender. In a fair world he should be drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. But for some reason NBA executives and owners continue to be enamored with black talent. Despite the fact that many of these top players cannot play defense, pass the ball, or rebound, you know the fundamentals of basketball.