Jaycee Carroll

sunshine

Mentor
Carroll out of Utah State is averaging over 20 pts per game for Utah state who just upset Nevada. He is around 6'3" and is quick with terrific hops. He is a junior but I never see him on NBA draft boards--he is not a pg though. A shooting guard with great range.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He took it to Fazekas last night without any fear. He did get rejected once by him though. I hear about Carroll a lot on the radio out here and he is a really good player.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jaycee had a great game yesterday against New Mexico State, but Utah State lost.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jaycee led the Aggies today with 22 points and 7 rebounds against Michigan, but they got knocked out of the NIT.

c412136c-653d-4e14-9432-1e9085a4fd22.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i watched that game, and he was clearly the best player on the court. period. he's just a junior, so he'll be tearing up the college hardwood again next season.

junior power forwardStephen DuCharmewas solid, as well. junior guard Nick Hammer showed some nice hops, but didn't provide much except for a few hustle plays.

basically, it was just Jaycee versus Michigan, and his team ended up with the loss.

the announcers kept talking about how ju-co players were so important to the Utah State program, but from my perspective that doesn't make any sense. clearly their best player is a hard-nosed, talented white kid from the local area. however, very few of the players the program targets in its recruiting resemble those attributes...

since coaches seem so caught up in recruiting players who look like a certain profile, why don't they go after players who look like their best guy? in this case, i'd think they'd be searching for lots of Jaycee Carolls instead of more barely eligible ju-co scrubs.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood