Ivan Ukhov

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ivan Ukhov jumped 2.40 tonight in Greece. That is a height of 7ft 10 & 1/2 inches! Wow! This is one of the best indoor jumps ever. He is only .3cm from tying the world record. Even the outdoor high jump record is only 2.45! This is well within reach. What a year for Ivan Ukhov. He could break the world record this summer and may get both the indoor and outdoor records.

Then you also have Hooker from Australia trying to take down S.Bubkas world records. I doubt it will happen but Hooker is having a incredible go at it. He is clearly way above the rest of the worlds pole vautlers at the moment. Edited by: white lightning

j41181

Master
Let's hope either Ukhov or Hooker can smash Bubkas' world record mark. Both are also potential Olympic gold medalists.

G

Imprssive indeed. Ranked #1 in the world. One ugly dude though.

StarWars

Mentor
At the European Indoor Championships Ukhov jumped an impressive 2.36m. to win the Gold. His 2.40m. is still ranked #1 in the world, and I fully expect him to win the Gold in Berlin. Here is his 2.40 jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpeNIRK-IG8

Combined with Sebastian Bayer's 8.71m. long jump the European whites have proved the blacks jump better axiom is not only fallacious, but the opposite is arguable. Here is bayer's jump, the second longest indoor long jump in history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJzYQ_4HFg

2009 holds some special white jumping talent. Both of these men are European champions indoor, good luck to them in the spring!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
White men can jump. If only the whole world new that. We still hold the triple jump world record as well. Ukhov and Bayer should both easlily medal at the world champs.

StarWars

Mentor
Still, to assume that Bayer will always be over 8.71m from now on would be foolish. He definitely had a confidence boost, having the best long jump in European history, but is not the best jumper in European history (Lutz Dombrowski; white).We must still watch out for Fabrice Lapierre (8.29), Nils Winter (8.22), Mitchell Watt (8.17), Chris Tomlinson, Greg Rutherford, and Louis Tsatoumas. I definitely think that Bayer will win in front of his home crowd in Berlin, and has a chance to get higher PRs this season.

I just realized that white people could potentially go 1,2,3 in the long jump and high jump this year. The 400m. also looks like a strongsuit, and the 100m. will be awesome with all the young European talent coming up such as Pickering, Lemaitre, Di Gregorio, Cerutti, Kuc, and Lemaitre.

StarWars

Mentor
I think I will make a youtube video compilation of all the white track stars in Berlin. I have a feeling it will be a very long video.
smiley4.gif
smiley17.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
I think I will make a youtube video compilation of all the white track stars in Berlin. I have a feeling it will be a very long video.
smiley4.gif
smiley17.gif

That's a good idea Starwars. Make sure you post a link here at CF when you get a chance to do that.

StarWars

Mentor
Ukhov started the season with a 2.34 meter high jump. So far his 2.40 is the best of the year. Already, he is second on Top Lists. Andrey Silnov is another Russian to watch out for in the HJ, who got the gold in Beijing. Also, the bronze medallist Yaroslav Rybakov. Ukhov iss the best and most consistent though.

StarWars

Mentor
White people went 1-2-3 in the Prefontaine Classic. The black hopes Andra Manson, Germaine Mason, Jesse Williams, and Donald Thomas couldn't even break 2.30. The 3 winners were Raul Spank of Germany (2.26), Yaroslav Rybakov of Russia (2.31), and IVAN UKHOV of Russia in 2.34. I really want him to join the 2.40 club this year. He is young and has a chance for the world record at some point.

StarWars

Mentor
Nice. I missed the high jump but tuned in to the Pre Classic 10 minutes later. They never showed the high jump once, probably because all the white people won. In that case, good luck to Jesse. He'll easily make the team and if he performs as well as his best he should get a medal in Berlin.

StarWars

Mentor
I pretty much assume all US athletes that aren't pole vaulters are black. That is the state of the sport.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He kind of reminds me a little bit of Stefan Holm because Jesse is only 6 feet tall. He competes with the Giants and holds his own! As we know here, White Men Can Jump and we do it better than anyone in the world!