Isn’t WBO cruiserweight titlest white?

referendum

Mentor
I'm wondering first off who is the official WBO cruiserweight title holder. Fightnews lists Victor Ramirez of Argentina as title holder, but then Boxrec says Maccarinelli will fight for the interim title on March 14. Assuming Ramirez is current title holder isn't he white? He was born in Argentina, but the only photo I've seen of him is ambigous in terms of his ancestry. Just trying to get to an 18th champion of the middleweight and up categories.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Ramirez looks like a mestizo. He fights a white fighter named Ali Ismailov from Azerbaijan on April 11th.

Ismailov is 15-1(10) with is only loss coming to the highly ranked Vadim Tokarev.

Here's Ismailov
dmj101490.jpg

[url]http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?cat=boxer&human_id=2935 55[/url]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_IsmayilovEdited by: Blue Devils

j41181

Master
Most Argentine boxers are of mestizo, and it's obvious what the state of mestizos in Argentina is.

Hope this Ali guy will win.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Argentina has a higher percentage of white people than either Canada or the US, and so many of their fighters are white. Surprisingly, whites in Argentina are less likely to marry non-whites than in North America. Boxers like Hugo Garay, Fabio Moli, and Oscar Bonavena are probably 100% white.

Victor E. Ramirez looks like a Moor (dark Spaniard similar to a Moroccan). Kotelnik's recent foe Maidana looks Mestizo (in fact he looks almost pure Indian).

I too am hoping Ali will win!
smiley2.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
JD 1986 your last post "I too am hoping "Ali" will win! is something I never thought would be mentioned on these boards.
smiley36.gif

j41181

Master
JD1986 said:
Argentina has a higher percentage of white people than either Canada or the US, and so many of their fighters are white. Surprisingly, whites in Argentina are less likely to marry non-whites than in North America. Boxers like Hugo Garay, Fabio Moli, and Oscar Bonavena are probably 100% white.

Victor E. Ramirez looks like a Moor (dark Spaniard similar to a Moroccan). Kotelnik's recent foe Maidana looks Mestizo (in fact he looks almost pure Indian).

I too am hoping Ali will win!
smiley2.gif
That's what I love about Argentina! It's by far the WHITEST Nation outside Europe, Uruguay is a close second. If Argentina can improve it's sporting program and facilities, they could produce outstanding athletes in several sports, especially in: Sprinting, Boxing, Basketball, Football, Swimming, and Tennis.

Anyway, Ali dude should win this one!