IBF Protecting Byrd from Klitschko?

By Scoop Malinowski

The IBF is in a court battle with former WBO Heavyweight champ Wladimir Klitschko who feels he was unjustly cheated out of a title shot when the New Jersey based sanctioning body inexplicably vaulted DaVarryl Williamson over Klitschko into the next highest available contender position in the May 2005 ratings for a title shot with Chris Byrd.

Just last October Klitschko defeated Williamson by technical decision when an accidental head butt from Williamson caused the fight to be stopped. All three scorecards had Klitschko the clearcut winner despite a flash knockdown from a Williamson right hand early in the bout.

Since that fight Klitschko destroyed previously unbeaten Eliecer Castillo and Williamson got up off the floor to stop a totally shot Derrick Jefferson.

Highly curious reasoning for the IBF to raise Williamson over Klitschko. Highly suspicious indeed.

You have to wonder if some force manipulated or finagled the IBF to protect Byrd from having to fight Klitschko. Could it have been Byrd himself or someone representing his intentions? Could it have been his promoter? Who done it?

Because there is just no way in the world Williamson should have risen above Klitschko in the rankings. Everyone in boxing knows the dirty secret that Wladimir Klitschko will take the IBF crown from Byrd, most aware of all of this truth is Don King who does not want to lose grasp of the belt he paid Lennox Lewis the sum of $1,000,000 and a Range Rover to vacate.

Adding to the intrigue for this reporter is how - just a year ago - the IBF seemingly protected Byrd and shafted Andrew Golota in their mysterious rankings. Byrd defended his title against Golota last April by a highly controversial draw - despite most experts such as Mike Tyson, Shannon Briggs, Tito Trinidad, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Angelo Dundee, Kassim Ouma, Tim Witherspoon, and even Chris Byrd's wife herself thought Golota won the fight (Mrs. Byrd was caught on the TV camera saying to her husband, I don't think you got it.)

After Golota performed so well against Byrd, what did the IBF do? They dropped Golota from their top 15 ranked heavyweights! Now, again, why on earth would the IBF do that? Drop completely out of the rankings the man who just, in most people's eyes' won or at worst drew with their champion? Was it to protect Byrd from doing a rematch with Golota? Because consequently, Byrd refused all offers to grant Golota the rematch and ended up facing Jameel McCline. There is no other feasible explanation to ponder. I cannot think of any. And if it's true, and some force persuaded the IBF to drop Golota, WHO did the dirty work? How did they do the dirty work?

It's been said that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. One single entity can not and should not be in control of the richest, most prestigious prize in sport. Surely the justice system of America will see this case for what it is and overturn the IBF's unjust ranking maneuverings which appear to be blatantly corrupted.

It seems inevitable that Chris Byrd, the so-called heavyweight champion, or as some would say, the counterfeit champion, will eventually have to face Klitschko.

Byrd, Don King and everyone else just might as well accept it and deal with it and stop with the shenanigans. The longer they try to avoid the truth, the more damaging it is to their own credibility and that of the sport. Doesn't anyone care anymore?

Boxing has to be an open competition, where the best, most qualified fighters in the world compete for the championship titles. This is the only way boxing can thrive and prosper at its optimum best. We, the people who love the sport - the fans, the media and others - can never allow it to become a closed competition like the heavyweight division appears in many ways right now.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I sure hope he gets a shot at Byrd or Ruiz soon.He will
knock either one of them out.They just can't handle the
thought of both Klitschko's holding 2 or 3 belts.It will
happen whether they like it or not!I can't wait.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The decision from the court will be this week.It might
even come today.As soon as we find out the decision,
someone needs to poat it here.I hope he wins because the
evidence is clearly in his favor.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ya'll will definitely have to post that, as I'm only an insider in the world of football and all things Confederate!
smiley4.gif
I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread.