hoops recruiting

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the first day of the early signing period finally arrived, and Rivals released their first breakdown of their Top 25 recruiting classes based on official verbals... it looks pretty impressive for our guys!
smiley32.gif

the #1 ranking goes to Kansas State where alcoholic loser Bobby Huggins (formerly of "Sin"cinatti) has again compiled a long list of afaletes, signing nary a white player. i wonder how long the official inquiries begin, because seriously when has Kansas State ever been an attractive place to play basketball?

Arizona comes in at #3 despite getting 2 of 4 commits from white players (7'1" center Alex Jacobson and small forward Zane Johnson).

Florida comes in at #4 with 3 of its 4 commits being white (6'5" point guard Nick Calathes and small forwards Adam Allen and Chandler Parsons). i guess Billy Donovan is getting back to what made him successful with the Gators.
smiley32.gif

Purdue surprisingly comes in at #5 with two white 4-star small forwards (out of 4 commits), Scott Martin and Robbie Hummel.

Duke is #6 with 2 white small forwards (out of 3 commits), Kyle Singler and Taylor King, as i've mentioned in another thread.

Ohio State continues to bring in hoops talent with the #7 class. 7'0" center Kosta Koufos and 2-gaurd Jon Diebler highlight the 4-man commit list.

Depaul rounds out the Top 10 with two less heralded white guys (power forward Matija Poscic and point guard Mike Bizoukas) and two "big-time" afaletes.

sadly, my Gonzaga Bulldogs seem to be leaving the players who made them great behind as they climb higher in the national consciousness. they are just outside the Top 10 with three mulattos.
smiley5.gif
smiley7.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Duke also has a sophmore guard Jon Shcyler. He scored like 21 points in 1 min and 15 seconds last year I believe. I do not know if I spelled his name correctly though.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yeah, his name is Jon Scheyer, and i posted about him on the Duke hoops thread. he should be a real player.

i put up this thread to kind of keep track of some high school guys who are getting the nod to play college ball, since we didn't have a board to talk about high school hoops.