herm edwards jets.....

psychosid

so did any of you read the news about jon mcgraw...the best saftey the jets had...well he just got shipped out of town to detroit to pave the way for the jets starting defense to be...you guessed it...ALL BLACK!!!! I guess herm felt the jets needed to be "ETHNICLY CLEANSED" MY prediction is .....look out wayne chrebet ....your next...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
McGraw was all but given away, traded for a conditional draft choice. Very strange, considering the Jets took him in the third round and he was considered a starter when healthy. Mariucci's never been one to play whites outside their "assigned" positions of QB, blocker and linebacker, so it doesn't look good for McGraw in Detroit.

BTW, to what should be no one's surprise, McGraw was a walk-on at Kansas State.

IceSpeed2

Guru
White defensives backs, no matter how agile, just
are not developed as much as blacks. Jason Sehorn was as athletic
as anyone will ever be, but his awareness and techniques were
lacking. Most of this is probably just do to coaching.

SteveB

Mentor
I agree Ice, coaching has a lot to do with it. Technique and reading routes is as important, if not more important, than speed. Sehorn too often jumped on the short route, which led to some interceptions and pass breakups, but led to getting beat deep at times. The best two DBs that I played with were Mickey Washington and Kevin Smith. Neither had blazing speed, but played good technique, and both had good NFL careers.

G

Uh,just wanted to add an opinion.

Is it possible that Jon McGraw matbe,uh,you know,lost?Got beat in camp?Maybe thats why they traded him.And no NFL teams focus on ethnic cleansing.NFL coaches aren't asking for all black teams.The blacks are just good.Plain simple.

If the NFL were trying to do that,then guys like Chad Pennington would not be in the league.