Head Coaches

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
So far this year, all three of the new head coaches in CFB are black. It looks like schools are cracking under the intese pressure to hire minorities.

Here are the school's who have hired new coaches already.

Memphis- Larry Porter. I guess he fits in with the school's players then. A match made in heaven.

Virginia- Mike London. I don't know how much will change. Groh was caste as UVA, even though he still had around 8-9 white starters this year. We'll see if London will be fair or not. The depth chart against App. State showed he had 12 white starters, although he had a black QB, and skill players, the exception being their SS.

Western Kentucky- Willie Tagert. If he helped recruit white players at Stanford, than he could be good. Although, if he didn't, Western Kentucky will look like the rest of the Sun Belt in two years.

Let's review last year's Black Coaching hires.

Mike Locksley- New Mexico. 1-11 Season. 1-7 in Conference play. Also, Locksley was accused of sexual harrasment and assault this year. The only win was against a listless Colorado State team, which had struggled most of the year.

DeWayne Walker- New Mexico State. 3-10, 1-7 in Conference play. The wins were against Prarie View A&M 21-18, who they almost lost to. The others were against worse New Mexico, and all-black Utah State. Their 3 wins by a combined 9 points, each win, winning by 3 points. Most of the losses, they weren't in contention.

Ron English- Eastern Michigan. A grand 0-12 (0-8). They were in a couple of games, but mostly blowouts. Their closest games were against Northwestern, Ball State, and Akron.

Mike Haywood- Miami (Ohio). Almost as bad as Eastern Michigan. 1-11 record, 1-7 in conference play. Their only win was against Toledo.

The three black coaches that have been coaching have been somewhat O.K., although two of them have been horribly racist for the most part.

Randy Shannon- Miami (Thug U) They have been pretty inconsistent this year. Finishing 9-3, but onluy 5-3 in conference play.

Kevin Sumlin- With stud QB Case Keenum, they made it to the C-USA title game, upsetting TExas Tech and Oklahoma State in the process. They lost to the All-Black East Carolina Pirates in the Championship game.

Turner Gill- Buffalo. An average 5-7 this year, 3-5 in conference play. I respect and like Gill as a coach. So far, he seems to be the only black College Football coach who is fair to white players, starting around half or more since he has been at Buffalo.

Even though the schools are bad, you'd think these teams that blacks have taken over last year wouldn't get blown out nearly every week. Their success clearly warrents hiring more black coaches. What do you guys think of the black coaching hires so far?Edited by: Jack Lambert

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Of the three so far I think London is the only one who will have some success. Virginia is full of talent(white and black) it just depends on how well he can develop the players he recruits. Being a great recruiter does not mean sh*t unless you can develop the players and mold them into your style of play.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The only time blacks will be happy is when every single player in the NFL and every single coach in the NFL is black.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I changed the name of the topic, so this is we can list any updates for Head Coaching changes in here.

Here are a couple. Brian Kelly to Notre Dame, I'm sure everybody has heard about.

Turner Gill to Kansas. I like this hire, Gill was fair to white players during his tenure at Buffalo. But with Kansas losing Meier, Reesing, Briscoe, and maybe Sharp, he'll have his work cut out for him, especially with Nebraska coming around.

(AP) â€" 3 hours ago

LAWRENCE, Kan. â€" Kansas has hired former Nebraska quarterback and assistant coach Turner Gill as its new head football coach.

The university officially announced the offer Sunday.

The Associated Press and other news outlets had reported Saturday evening that the 47-year-old had accepted the offer of a multiyear contract to replace Mark Mangino.

Gill has been head coach at Buffalo the past four years and took the Bulls to the Mid-American Conference title in 2008. He will be formally introduced at a news conference on Monday.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
A couple of days ago ESPN was covering the Turner Gill hiring at Kansas. Turner seems like a decent guy and I would say a step up from Mangino who was to morbidly obese to even interact with his players. However; as soon as they stopped talking about Gill and showing his press conference, guess what they had to bring up? Black Head Coaches. The number has doubled since last year, thats call for celebration!!(Sarcasm of course) If I were Turner I would take this as an insult, why would the media feel the need to discuss my race? I would want to be graded on my actions and my winning percentage not because I am "balancing out the coaching ranks". It almost gets ridiculous with how much pressure is put on situations like these by the media . It happens with black qbs, black heavyweights, black anything! They are constantly looking for the next great black hope.

Europe

Mentor
I think Louisville hired a black coach from Florida-Strong.

NBC had a story on lack of black coaches in college on their Sunday Night Football show last week also.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
The media is probably having a wet dream with all of the black head coaching hires right now. Here are two more: Joker Phillips, new head coach at Kentucky after Brooks retired. Now Kippy Brown will be Tennessee's interim coach after Kiffen bolted for USC.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Joker and Kippy. I wonder when those are going to become top 10 baby names
smiley2.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
The media is probably having a wet dream with all of the black head coaching hires right now. Here are two more: Joker Phillips, new head coach at Kentucky after Brooks retired. Now Kippy Brown will be Tennessee's interim coach after Kiffen bolted for USC.

Can't wait for both of those teams to get sh*tted on in the SEC!!