Harvey Unga Article

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, Harvey Unga and his fiance are Mormons and were BYU students so I
guess they aren't so strict with their own beliefs.
smiley2.gif
BYU/Mormonism does have quite a few strange rules regarding acceptable behavior. Having lived
around them for years, I wouldn't say all Mormons keep them very well.
They aren't as morally upstanding as a lot of people think. They are pretty much like everyone else when you closely examine how they live and how they treat people. Some of this
immorality is even encouraged in their theology, believe it or not.
Besides, our so-called righteousness doesn't add up to beans in the
final analysis. As far as the content of the story goes, its always sad
to hear something like this, even when a diversity is involved. The good
news as I see it is that it will open up more opportunities for White
backs at BYU this season, and that is much needed.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Good news, indeed.

I'm sure fatty will still get drafted next year, as his "Islander Hype"Â￾ (a media creation for teams which have no suitable blacks to worship) was tremendous. The NFL adores obese running backs, as long as they aren't white. Actually, no white player at any position is permitted to be overweight"¦the media constantly refers to "Jared Lorenzen"Â￾ whenever talking about a fat football player.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Good News for our guys at BYU. This should open things up for DiLuigi and Kariya.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Geez, it was his fiance? That's kind of harsh. I do like that they don't have a double standard for academic students & star athletes though. Yeah, Unga could lower his body fat% a bit, but he's a nice powerback at the FBS level & could probably be a catch for an NFL team on day three of the draft. However, I haven't watched him enough yet to precisely evaluate his draft stock.