Good performances today

backrow

Hall of Famer
to start off, Jags vs Rams. great game from our point of view, first aftter a blocked punt (Drew Wahlroos) Brandon Chillar, young backup (and very talented, just check out his tackle on Taylor in the backfield) Rams LB scores on a return. soon after Kevin Curtis scores a TD on his longest catch of a year, and NFL career 83 yards... had another catch and was 2 catches for 100 yards and a td going into 4th quarter...

Mike Furrey had a fumble recovery and second interception in two games, plus 5 tackles goin into 4th quarter.

and Matt Jones had 4 catches for 38 yards and a TD, with 9 mins left to play...

backrow

Hall of Famer
ok, more misc. stats from different 1o'clock games:

Brandon Green, DE, Rams: 1 sack

Kevin Kaesviharn, SS, Bengals: 8-2 tackles, team high

Dan Morgan, MLB and Jordan Carstens, DT Panthers, 1 sack each

Scott Fujita, LB, Cowboys, 1 sack

Brian Urlacher, MLB, Bears:9 tackles (game high, Hunter finished 2nd on Bears)

Hunter Hillenmeyer, OLB, Bears:7 tackles (and extremely unlucky because of reversed call that was originally sack andFF by Brian Urlacher and his 22 TD return that would break the tie vs Lions...)

Rien Long, DT, Titans, 1 sack and a FF

Jeremy Shockey, TE, Giants,3 catches,29 yards, 1 TD

Nick Greisen, OLB, Giants: 3 tackles, 1 FF

Stuart Schweigert, FS, Raiders: 5 tacklesEdited by: backrow

G

Kevin Curtis should have had 200 yards today, there were a couple of
times when he was all by himself deep but Martin just threw bad passes.
Oh well, good game anyway.

It looks like Jacksonville is really trying to get Jones the ball more.
He needs to pick up some experience at his new position to really
become a factor.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kaiser_Sose said:
Kevin Curtis should have had 200 yards today, there were a couple of times when he was all by himself deep but Martin just threw bad passes. Oh well, good game anyway.

It looks like Jacksonville is really trying to get Jones the ball more. He needs to pick up some experience at his new position to really become a factor.

i agree with both of your points, btw Kevin had a huge block leading to big run by the Stephen Jackson that helped them to put this game away

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hey backrow, thanks for the updates! Great job!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Horn had 7 catches for 58. That was probably his career high for receptions in a game. Boerigter had just one catch.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My game ball goes to Trent Green, who played just a couple of days after his father died suddenly from a heart attack at the young age of 58 and threw for 347 yards, including over 300 yards in the second half, almost leading Kansas City to a comeback win over San Diego.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah it does look as though they are trying to go to Matt Jones more often but they need to be looking for him in the red zone every play. I mean the guys a 6'6" bball player who can jump out of the roof.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteCB said:
Yeah it does look as though they are trying to go to Matt Jones more often but they need to be looking for him in the red zone every play. I mean the guys a 6'6" bball player who can jump out of the roof.

All the super-black teams in the NFL are doing horribly -- Baltimore, Arizona, Minnesota, Green Bay, New York Jets, New Orleans Saints. The only one not is Jax, but they aren't all that good either, especially after losing to an injury-riddled Rams team. They all have in common that their offenses are lousy, except for Green Bay and the efforts of Brett Favre.

For Matt Jones to thrive, the Jaguarsneed to be rebuilt from the ground up just as much as the others do. When you see what TEs like Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez are doing -- both former college bb players like Jones who aren't as fast -- it's a shame that Jones is being held back by an offense that hasn't scored as much as 30 points for four years. Think about that, they haven't hit 30 points, not all that much in the NFL, the entire time Leftwich has been their starting QB. They need a new head coach, new offensive system, and a new quarterback and improved o-line players or else Jones will take the blame and be labeled a disappointment.

Hey these performance updates are greatly appreciated.

All the super-black teams in the NFL are doing horribly -- Baltimore, Arizona, Minnesota, Green Bay, New York Jets, New Orleans Saints.

I think that Philadelphia could probably be added to this list.

Eagles in disarray after another blowout

By ROB MAADDI
AP SPORTS WRITER

PHILADELPHIA -- At least the Philadelphia Eagles don't have to sit on this lopsided loss for two weeks.

The Denver Broncos outplayed the Eagles in a 49-21 victory on Sunday that left the defending NFC champions searching for answers after being blown out for the second time in three games.

Philadelphia's 33-10 loss at Dallas on Oct. 8 preceded a bye, so the Eagles had plenty of time to think about and work on fixing their mistakes. The time off hasn't helped.

It took an improbable 65-yard return by Matt Ware after a blocked field goal in the final minutes for the Eagles (4-3) to beat San Diego on Oct. 23. They were dominated by the Broncos, falling behind 28-0 before getting within 24 yards of tying the score in the fourth quarter only to allow three straight touchdowns.

It was the most points the Eagles gave up since a 62-10 loss to the New York Giants in 1972 during a 2-11-1 season. It also was the worst loss since Andy Reid took over as coach in 1999.

Seattle P.I. Link

I was a little disappointed that the Seahawks had their bye this week because I wanted to see Joe Jurevicius catch some more passes!