Gennaro Gattuso Headbutts Joe Jordan

Rebajlo

Mentor
What an absoluteprick. A bastardlike Gattuso proves that blacks don't have a monopoly on unacceptable behaviour.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9398824.stm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/881121/gennaro-gattuso-sorry-after-joe-jordan-clash?cc=3436

Here's an excerpt from the Soccernet story:

Gattuso: "We were both speaking Scottish given that I played in his country in Glasgow but I'm not going to say what was said. I made a mistake doing what I did to an older person, and that's it. I'll wait and see what (UEFA) decides."

So, was Gattuso speaking in Scots or Gaidhlig? Bloody moron...

Matra1

Mentor
I watched the match. Milan were unimpressive and Gattuso will miss the 2nd leg. His speaking Scottish comment was a reference to a Glasgow Kiss (ie a headbutt). He should be fined for it and banned from a few matches.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Matra1 said:
His speaking Scottish comment was a reference to a Glasgow Kiss (ie a headbutt). He should be fined for it and banned from a few matches.

Matra1 - I was so overcome with disgust when reading the stories that I didn't even consider the allusion
smiley36.gif
.This type of behaviour vexes me immeasurably - too many of today's players, regardless of colour, display an arrogance and general lack of respect for the game which beggars belief. This Gattuso toe rag thinks he's f**king hard and nuts an old geezer twice his bloody age - what a top rolemodel. With those antics, he might as well be a schwartzer.

Ever since players began to be paid fantasy money for their services, thesport has rapidly gone downhill. I remember ex-Germany manager Berti Vogtsmentioning the difficulties involved when dealing with the nationalsquad - he said that telling eighteen millionaires what to do was awfully difficult, as eachplayerpossessed a money-fuelled ego and hadhis own opinion on how things should be done and was loath to listen to instruction.

Such petulant egomaniacs are created when one takes ignorant, uneducated scum, who would otherwise amount to nothing but dole bludgers or basic labourers, and turns them into highly paid heroes, who consequently believe that they are untouchable gods who can do what they please, when they please, and to whomever they please. Their grasping little minds tell them that they can use their wealth and status to escape all kinds of transgressions. Steven Gerrard punching that DJ, Didier Drogba screaming obscenities into a microphone, John Terry and Frank Lampard pissing up and abusing Americans at an airport the day after 9/11, Ashley Young slapping off on webcam, et cetera, et cetera.

The sad thing is that whatever sum Gattuso is fined, it will hardly put a dent in hisobscene fortune, and any "ban"will be nowhere near long enough. In my opinion, such t**sers should be slung out of the game immediately andfor good- that would give the other cretins a warning thatwith the wealth comes responsibility...

Matra1

Mentor
Gattuso banned for 4 matches by UEFA. That means just tournaments organised by UEFA such as Champions League. If Milan go out next game (2nd leg against Spurs) I don't know if the ban carries through to next season. I doubt it.

Rebajlo

Mentor
This constitutes a paltry punishment - Gattuso was already suspended from the return leg against Spurs as he had received three yellow cards. The four match ban means that if Milan make it that far,he will still be able to play in the final.

One would think that UEFA would have at least ensured that he took no further part in this season's Champions League competition. As far as I'm aware, the ban shall carry through to next season.