football dancing,part of the game

speedster

Mentor
What is with the NFL and all the celebation dancing the past few years.It's way beyond ridiculous to the point where sometimes I don' really want to watch a particular game.All this stupidity is perpetuated by the NFL and the media,they love it.Ever watch the pre-game shows on Sundays like ESPN,they are the biggest offenders.When they go to commercial and they talk about whats upcoming on the show like a piece on a coach or player or team they have to show the dancing and when they eventually get to the piece they show some good plays the team has made along with the prerequesite dancing.During games it seems it is as important to show the many dances Terrel Owens had done as it is showing his touchdowns.On hi-lite shows at the end of the day you might miss touchdowns and other good plays becaus the quota of celebrations has to be shown.Sadly this silly behavior has spread to hockey.At the current world junior hockey championships,after a Russian player scored a goalhe put his hand to his ear and after an empty-net goal that same player taunted the U.S. bench.It's sad when white athletes practice black behaviour.I wonder if these white Europeans will also learn ebonics?

Mr. Lutefisk

I agree it is becoming worse each year. It is hard to believe coaches allow the players to showboat so much. It was really embarassing and it sickened me when Minn. Viking coach Mike Tice was "chest bumping" and talking jive with his own players during a TV news interview. I disowned the Vikings long ago.
smiley7.gif