Because there are no boxing programs in the schools
and colleges, and the boxing clubs are located in the slums. Big
strong athletic white guys are encouraged to go in for football. In
eastern Europe they don't even have American football, and soccer
favors slender athletes.

ww

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Werewolf, it has to do with the caste system in North America that favors black fighters.

If you're a white youth and considering becoming a pro boxer, there's a number of roadblocks you'll encounter. The worst of which is a belief that you'll never be a really good because you're white.

G

Baseball also attracts big strong athletes. No competition from baseball in Europe either.

JD, if you're a young white guy and interested in becoming a boxer, chances are you're going to have to go all the way across town to the hostile and obnoxious and dangerous non white section of town where the only boxing training is available (though I see boxing studios popping up in some fairly upscale neighborhoods now - not sure what they're about - mainly just physical fitness for yuppies, I think - not that that's bad). Some places like NY, NY, where I trained, have, or had, boxing gyms in accessible midtown, but that's rare.

The only college that I know of that offered boxing training was West Point, but I don't think they do so any more.

Another thing - i really don't know what the "caste" thing is supposed to be all about here. It's being used as a synonym for the existing blatant discrimination against White people, specifically White athletes, but in actuality the caste system was invented by the ancient Aryans who brought civilization to the Indian subcontinent long ago, to PRESERVE the White race - and it has effectively done so for millenium! Just look at the racial difference between the Brahmans and the Untouchables if you don't believe me.

Am I going off on too many tangents?

ww

JD074

Master
Yeah, it can't be a coincidence that arguably the two best White American fighters are from places with a boxing tradition: Kelly Pavlik from Youngstown, and Paulie Malignaggi from Brooklyn. What would've happened to these guys if they grew up in a typical small town or suburb?

And even if there are gyms around, let's face it, how many middle class White moms would let their sons box? Probably not too many. Heck, Kelly's mom can't bare to watch his fights! My mom didn't want me playing football (my dad and I did manage to squeeze one season out of her
smiley36.gif
,) she sure as hell wouldn't have approved of boxing!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
Another thing - i really don't know what the "caste" thing is supposed to be all about here. It's being used as a synonym for the existing blatant discrimination against White people, specifically White athletes, but in actuality the caste system was invented by the ancient Aryans who brought civilization to the Indian subcontinent long ago, to PRESERVE the White race - and it has effectively done so for millenium! Just look at the racial difference between the Brahmans and the Untouchables if you don't believe me.

caste (kăst)
n.

1. Any of the hereditary, endogamous social classes or subclasses of traditional Hindu society, stratified according to Hindu ritual purity, especially the Brahman, Kshatriya, Vaisya, and Sudra castes.
2. A social class separated from others by distinctions of hereditary rank, profession, or wealth.
3. a. A social system or the principle of grading society based on castes.
b. The social position or status conferred by a system based on castes: lose caste by doing work beneath one's station.
[NOTE: like blocking for a white running back, or losing one's starting spot to a white wide receiver, etc]

From the wikipedia entry on 'caste:'
Anthropologists use the term "caste" more generally, to refer to a social group that is endogamous and occupationally specialized; such groups are common in highly stratified societies with a very low degree of social mobility; that is to say, a caste system is one in which an individual's occupation and marriage prospects are determined by his or her birth and heritage.

There were / are caste systems in Europe, Africa, Japan, Latin America, etc, as well.

G

The caste system in India has kept the White Brahmans apart from the dark mud-races for millennium. Caste is under heavy attack by the affirmative action miscegenation crowd in India now, too. I just happened across this article:

"According to a recent news item,
the Indian government will start offering a "dowry" of INR50,000 (about
US$1,100) to anyone who marries someone from a lower caste. This money
is more than 1.5 years of Indian per-capita GDP..."

http://www.mises.org/story/2322

ww

ww