eye poked out

hedgehog

Mentor
I was watching ESPN and they said a player in the Pittsburgh vs Villanova game got his eye poked out. They said it literally came out, and wont show the replay. Is this true? Did anybody see this?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yeah, i saw the play. it looked like his eye was knocked completely out of its socket. terrible. you hate to see anybody get injured, but this could be a life-aletering tragedy. man. almost as soon as he went down the doctors on hand were calling for a stretcher, and ESPN reported that they took him to a hospital. that's tough.

thoughts and prayers go out to Allan Ray and his family.

guest301

Hall of Famer
This is the first I have heard about it. Glad I chose not to watch that game tonight. Ditto to thoughts and prayers..awful...

KG2422

Mentor
My grandfather pulled a man's eyes out of his eyesockets one time during a fight. They were put back in after the fight. The man's eyes still worked. It sounds unbelievable, but if you saw the grimaces on the faces of the people telling the story, you would have believed that they saw it. That is awful though. Was there a foul called?
smiley36.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I am glad you didn't resist. That one had me laughing out loud!
smiley36.gif
. I have a uncle who lost his eye in a fishing accident years ago with a fish hook and he still scares the kids on christmas when the family gets together by pulling his glass eye out. He still fishes too..but wears his sunglasses!