Eurobasket 2005

tina7272

I follow Eurobasket during the offseason anyway just to watch some NBA players. lol This year, I'm watching it live and online. If anyone else is interested, go to http://www.mediazone.com/eurobasket.

Tina
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hey tina7272 thanks for the info, will be certain to check it out!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hey T! it's amazing that the guys in Europe can actually play basketball! *sarcasm dripping heavily* i mean, i watched Greece play Russia today and only one black guy even got onto the floor! how is that possible? wow! i didn't know white guys could actually really play!
smiley36.gif

in all seriousness, at least that's what we hear in America all the time. isn't it nice to see the game of hoops played at a high level, with regards to both skill level and above the floor, by white guys? it would be nice for some American kids to get the same chances...

KG2422

Mentor
I read an article where Dirk Nowitzki said the game for the Eurobasket final against Greece would be "the biggest of his life". He's played in the Western Conference Finals. It's refreshing to see a little nationalism out of Dirk. His loyalties should lie with his nation and people.

Alpha Male

Mentor
That's huge. It subtle, but what it means is that the level of
play is on par with some of the better teams in the playoffs.
Edited by: Alpha Male

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
AM you are correct. but what was interesting to note in the Eurobasket was all the foreign guys from the NBA who played for their respective countries. here in the US the black NBA stars bitch and moan about how hard they work all year, with all the travel, high number of games, and so forth, so they sit out the Olympics. wow! and they only happen once every FOUR years! yet the foreign guys play the same number of games, work just as hard, travel just as much, and so on, but still manage to make it back every TWO years for their nations with nary a complaint; rather they beem with pride at the opportunity!

it kinda made me proud that the Greek team won, not only did they not have a single black player, but they didn't have a single NBA player either. amazing what teamwork will get you!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm kind of worried about Dirk Nowitzki this year.With all of the extra games he played in Europe,will he be able to stay healthy for the long NBA Season.I wish him the best as he is probably my favorite player!