Elgin Baylor files suit against Clippers

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Baylor was the longest serving NBA GM at 22 years when he resigned. In those 22 years the Clippers made the playoffs just 3 times, yet Baylor is claiming "racism" and "ageism." Sounds more like the Clippers' owner was his usual idiot self for keeping Baylor on so long.

Baylor: Clippers didn't reward success

Elgin Baylor is taking his game to a different court.

One day after filing a discrimination suit against the Los Angeles Clippers and the NBA, Baylor provided insight into his action against the team for whom he served as general manager for 22 years and the league in which he excelled as a player for 14 seasons.

"The way I was treated by the NBA and the Clippers was unfair and in many ways discriminatory. It was wrong," said Baylor, reading from a prepared statement at a news conference at the office of his lawyer Carl Douglas.

"We are forced to take this action because our effort to resolve this dispute quietly were ignored. So I look forward to having my day in court."

Clippers attorney Robert H. Platt said Baylor's claims "carry no weight and have no credibility."

full article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3903320

white is right

Hall of Famer
If he was anybody but Elgin Baylor he would have been fired years ago. My favourite picture of Baylor was during NBA playoff broadcasts being at the draft lottery every year and having his team being weighted to win the lottery yet he would always come 3rd or so.....
smiley36.gif
He might well be the worst GM that has had a 22 year run in sports.

j41181

Master
You have to be insane to reward someone who gave you nothing but 22 years of misery!
smiley36.gif