Eagles sign black punter?

foreverfree

Mentor
With Dirk Johnson on IR with a groin injury, yesterday the Eagles signed rookie Reggie Hodges, from Ball State, who punted for the Rams earlier this season.

I don't know too many white Reggies
smiley9.gif
, other than Reggie in the Archie comic books (or is that Reggie Jewish?). I assume Mr. Hodges is black. His picture is not yet up on http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/ .

John

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
He was actually drafted this year by the Rams, one of the few punters to ever be drafted, but was cut. From what I can tell he is thetypical black punter -- a supposed "cannon" leg but very erratic in his length and accuracy. Substitute "arm" for "leg" and it reminds you of another position where blacks struggle.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Foreverfree; I don't understand what you mean by registering the website. Please elaborate.

foreverfree

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
Foreverfree; I don't understand what you mean by registering the website. Please elaborate.

I think I phrased it wrong. Many newspaper websites require would be users to register (enter real or faked information about yourselves) before you can access certain features of the site. baltimoresun.com is another such site. Some TV station sites require the user to register too. IIRC the Wall Street Journal site requires that you subscribe to its print edition, which I don't so I can't get into it (unless that's changed). Try getting into the philly.com link and see what I mean. I did. I don't have time to register right now.

I guess, Colonel, you've never tried registering for access to a site.
smiley4.gif
Hope I clarified for you....
John

Edited by: foreverfree

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The link took me right to it. Maybe you moved a letter or something else out of place. I have registered for several sites before, but I didn't register for this one. Thanks for the clarification.

backrow

Hall of Famer
back to the topic, i wouldn't mind every kicker and punter in NFL to be black provided that we could have all white runningbacks, cornerbacks, wide receivers, safeties and linebackers
smiley2.gif

EDIT: correctedtypos and such, no idea how those slipped by
smiley9.gif
Edited by: backrow

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Just so you guys know, there is a feature that allows you to "preview" a post before you actually post it. This is a great place to correct typos and spelling errors you might have missed, before you post the message for the rest of us to read.

smiley1.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another trick, after I post if I see an error, I highlight and copy my post, delete it then paste it and edit it before posting it again.

We've drifted off topic here, but really there isn't much to be said about black punters and kickers.
smiley36.gif