Does anyone actually watch the nba?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

guest301

Hall of Famer
It's not all "black ghetto culture " as you put it. Nowitzki, Nash, Gasol, Peja, Szerbiak, Hinrich, Bogut, AK47,etc....Redick and Morrison due to report for duty very soon!

white tornado

Mentor
I don't understand why people who like basketball don't watch the nba. Its the best hoopers in the world. There are many white players in the nba so if its black ghetto culture that turns you off its not as bad as you think. Plus players like Lebron an Dwane Wade are fun to watch. I love the nba even though it could be better.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I agree with you about LeBron. He's a exciting player to watch and very mature for his age. He's gonna need to develop that killer instinct when the game is on the line to truly live up to the superstar hype he's got from the beginning. I like the NBA alot but college basketball is head and shoulders above. It's more passionate, the atmosphere is better, and whites have more of a chance to be a star and actually lead the team as oppossed to the mostly supporting cast role all but the most elite white players are assigned in the NBA.

KG2422

Mentor
We don't need to concede anything. I watch when teams with good White players are playing. Otherwise, I don't.

JoeV

Guru
I watch as many Cavs games as I can, and if there is a good game on TNT or (A)NBC I will watch it.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Good game with the Mavericks and Cavs on local tv this Tuesday, JoeV.

white tornado

Mentor
I dont watch many things on tv, mainly sports, comedy central, and the history channel. But My Dad bought the nba package from direct tv. Every night when I'm not out I watch the nba. I follow the Jazz, Mavs, Suns, and Cavelers. Plus I will watch most other teams espesialy if the have a good white player.

whiteCB

Master
I watch the Cavs all the time and I'll watch the Mavs or Suns here and there.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The NBA lost me the day the left network tv and went on TNT and ESPN, I miss the day of CBS or even NBC.............

guest301

Hall of Famer
I miss the theme music CBS had for the NBA when they carried it. ESPN Classic does Celtic-Laker games from the 80's and they use the old theme music. I used to love Dick Stocton and Tommy Heinson calling the games. Now we get Bill Walton.

Jofreidr_1488

I watch the NBA all the time.

The times they are a-changin' and the negro supremacy of a few years past (which saw it's peak in the last '90s) is slowly declining as more and more Euros and Foreigners enter the NBA. There are some teams where the Euros and Foreigners have almost entirely pushed out the negroes! (although there are still some notable all black teams, like the Wizards but they are from what is essentially an all black town)

SteveB

Mentor
Apparently not many are watching the NBA anymore. I thought that this article was interesting:

NASCAR on FOX Rain-Out Ratings Top Kobe vs. LeBron by +118%

NASCAR ON FOX RAIN-OUT COVERAGE TOPS KOBE VS. LeBRON ON ABC BY +118% As rain continued to fall on Atlanta Motor Speedway, Sunday's (3/19) NASCAR on FOX presentation lacked the 180 MPH hair-raising action that viewers have come to expect. In fact, with the cars safely tucked away and the drivers off in their motor coaches, Sunday's FOX Sports coverage from 1:30-4:00 PM ET consisted mainly of interviews, commentary and clips of last year's Atlanta race. Remarkably, Sunday's rain coverage generated a 3.7/9 national rating according to Nielsen Media Research, enough to beat head-to-head competition from a Kobe vs. LeBron NBA thriller on ABC by +118% (3.7/9 vs. 1.7/4) and the final round of the PGA's Bay Hill Invitational on NBC by +48% (3.7/9 vs. 2.5/5).

Jofreidr_1488

Apparently not many are watching the NBA anymore.

This is certainly true and there are a number of factors behind it. The main one is that the NBA is on a dizzying array of channels: ESPN, TNT, and sometimes on I think ABC on the weekends. It is just too difficult for someone to keep track of all channels and different times the games are on. Also local teams are oftentimes on an entirely different channel as well! The local team that I watch is on our local Fox Affiliate!

Another reason is that the NBA just became too hip-hop orientated and this drove many, many fans away. However the NBA Brass understand that they have to change this perception or they will soon not be profitable, this is why you had leann rimes performing at the half-time show like two years ago and the 'racist' dress code (how can a dress code be racist? really?) instituted last year.

SteveB

Mentor
Jofreidr_1488 said:
Another reason is that the NBA just became too hip-hop orientated and this drove many, many fans away.

Bingo, when the NBA All Star game was in Houston earlier this year, the locals were calling it "The Black Super Bowl" and very few people ventured downtown that weekend.

C Darwin

Mentor
I don't find watching the inmates running an asylum very
entertaining. There is no coaching in the NBA. Not that the
discipline for star black athletes in the NCAA is very strict, but it
is much softer in the NBA. Just look at Marbury. If he pulled that
act in college, there would have been serious consequences
(an e-VICK-tion perhaps?). But in the NBA, he will do whatever
he feels like doing.

I do enjoy the sport of basketball. But I get my fix from high
schools and the NCAA. Never the NBA.
smiley11.gif

Yeah, Carlos, and I'm not too exicted about your defense, puta.

Kaptain

Master
GLS, how would you know he plays bad defense? You assessed that from the whole ten minutes a game that he plays with your lovable Pistons? I think you said that about Darko too. Obviously you were wrong then are probably wrong now. Seems like a pretty caste stereo-typically thing to say about a white basketball player. How was his defence when his team won the beat the US and won the gold medal?
smiley2.gif

Weltner

Guru
Not me.I threw in the towel after 1999,but I should have quit years before that.Not even the small influx of White players within the last couple of years,will get me to watch again.Until the NBA is 100% White again?Forget it!

Realistic

I used to watch some of the playoffs but if Nash is not playing I doubt if I'll bother.