Dirk and Nash- early exit?

guest301

Hall of Famer
It's been sad to watch the NBA playoffs so far and watch what appears to be the early exit of the two white star driven teams of the Mavs and Suns. Dirk has played well and put up good numbers but Howard, a hobbled Jerry Stackhouse and a aging Jason Kidd have not done anything to speak of in the series so far. As for the Suns, Boris Diaw and Shaq have been the goats but of course the Spurs are still the champs and it's easy to forget they have been somewhat of a dynasty these last ten years or so. So if indeed Dirk and Nash make their early exit, lets go Jazz.

Nash's defense has been worse than usual. If he's screened, it's an
automatic bucket. Not easy being a 34-year-old point guard.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The trade for Shaq was utter stupidity! The Suns were so close last year, before those unwarranted suspensions, to beating the Spurs. So why trade for a giant like Shaq, who is past his prime and can't play the fast break Suns offense worth a damn?

That was a weird panic move. And I always thought Steve Kerr had his
junk together!

guest301

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
Nash's defense has been worse than usual. If he's screened, it's an
automatic bucket. Not easy being a 34-year-old point guard.

Oh please. I am not saying that Nash plays stellar defense, nobody on the Suns except Bell does that. But come on, Tony Parker blows by any point guard in the league unless you play about five feet away from him. Nash is not the problem, Diaw, Shaq and the often injured Grant Hill are.

Yes, Grant Hill is the problem. Where was he during all the other Suns'
choke jobs?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Alot of teams have lost to the Spurs, so I am not so sure that choking is the problem. I also still say that the Suns were robbed last year by those unneccesary suspensions of all those Suns players who left the bench when Horry cheapshoted Nash. I think the momentum was clearly with the Suns before all that.

G

The problem is that Kerr traded Marion for O'Neal. This was the worst trade in the NBA this season.

The suns never choked against the spurs. The spurs are the best team in the league, and have been for 5 years. The suns-spurs series last year was the NBA championship. The suns got jobbed when it was 2-2, and the spurs went on to easily win the title.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hopefully the Suns or the Mavs can extend the series tonight and if somehow either of them reach a Game seven, anything can happen. I especially hope that the young Hornets face a game seven, the moment may be too big for them.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Ditto to the last two posts. Dirk certainly wasn't the problem this year. A Jason Kidd and Jerry Stackhouse on their last legs clearly were the problem.