Detroit Trio

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
From Jason Whitlock's column on ESPN:

(surprise, surprise!)

10. Detroit's wide receivers -- Charles Rogers, Mike Williams and Roy Williams -- played like lazy dogs last week.

Lions quarterback Joey Harrington, who threw five interceptions, is taking most of the heat for Detroit's embarrassing loss to the Chicago Bears.

Harrington might be a bust, but he's getting screwed over by half-hearted efforts from Detroit's choking triplets. Williams, Rogers and Williams couldn't spell "professional effort" if you spotted them the Jerry and the Rice. At least two of Harrington's picks were direct results of Detroit's lazy dogs loafing.

voice

Guru
The Detroit situation is an example example of what has been discussed on this site-players trying to railroad white either out of a position or off the team. Either they are doing it to serve their ethnic interests(like running back or corner) or in Harrington doesn't play the jive talking ghetto boy with them.

One thing has impressed me about Harrington is he doesn't succumb to acting black to appease the brothers.

I have been sickened by other white quarterbacks stooping down to the street savage jive talking level of the black athlete-two examples are Trent Green and Rothlisberger..but there are many more.

Joey is a competive, cerebral and talented white kid with a decently high level of intelligence who obviously is proud and aware of the honor code and innate behavioural characteristics of the white man(i.e. which reminds the black player painfully of "the man")

It is getting worse, the caste system, not getting better as we are all painfully aware

Edited by: voice

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
voice said:
The Detroit situation is an example example of what has been discussed on this site-players trying to railroad white either out of a position or off the team. Either they are doing it to serve their ethnic interests(like running back or corner) or in Harrington doesn't play the jive talking ghetto boy with them.

One thing has impressed me about Harrington is he doesn't succumb to acting black to appease the brothers.

I have been sickened by other white quarterbacks stooping down to the street savage jive talking level of the black athlete-two examples is are Trent Green and Rothlisberger..but there are many more.

Joey is a competive, cerebral and talented white kid with a decently high level of intelligence who obviously is proud and aware of the honor code and innate behavioural characteristics of the white man(i.e. reminds them painfully of the "the man")

It is getting worse, the caste system, not getting better as we are all painfully aware

I'll have to disagree with you about Roethlisberger and Trent Green. Big Ben is a very confident kid from the countryand he's his own man. I've always thought of Green as almost a throwback to the '50s -- clean-cut, well-spoken, modest.

I haven't noticed any white QBs acting black -- in fact, Harrington is the one I've wondered about the most, from the way he talks to not throwing more to Schroeder and Kircus.

As far as the Detroit receivers, I doubt they think about displacing a white. They know how heralded they are and that will automatically be taken care of. What these guys are showing is complacency, laziness and greed. They are already satisfied before they have accomplished anything because all three got huge signing bonuses by virtue of being first round draft choices, and because the coaching staff obviously has to treat them with kid gloves because for the most part the players are in charge, even as rookies.

It's just one of many things warped about sports today, thanks to corporate greed and the pandering to the lowest common denominator when it comes to athletes.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thats why I have such a hard time watching it now. Back when players played for relatively little money, whites were the vast majority of players. Now that it is just another big business, the greed of the blacks is more and more evident each year, as their lack of effort shows on the field.

voice

Guru
Don,

Their behaviour off the field is not what I was referring to, but the Ghetto like Buffonery on the field and jive talking to the brothers I witnessed for myself.

Maybe I should clarify further by saying it wasn't black like celebration, but talking black to try to get across a point or non-verbal mimicking of the black player that ends up making them look stupid.

Don't get me wrong I think they are decent guys, but they have to act a certain way to be accepted.

Maybe Joey in his comments about white receivers succumbed to this pressure, but at least I don't see him talking jive and mimicking black non-verbal behaviour to be accepted.

This was stated as a fact last year that Joey had problems "relating" to his teammates. "Relating"=cheering on black teammates who parade white wives/concubines and acting like a fellow savage whilst "analyzing" favorite rap artist who dreams of killing crackers and b*tches with the boys in their cribs...
smiley7.gif

I saw this with my own eyes on game of the week shows on NFL Network. Not the white wives and crib part
smiley9.gif

The caste system in the NFL is so institutionalized, using race spoils system terms now; that players, coaches,GMs and the media have created an alternate reality that pervades ever area of their lives and how they view the world.

It is sickening...Edited by: voice

surfsider

Guru
I don't always agree with Whitlock (he's local in the Kansas City Star) but he is not afraid to lambaste anyone he thinks is dogging it. He grew up with Jeff George and doesn't seem to be afflicted with blindness when it comes to the athletic ability of whites.

Spooge

Guru
And don't forget the incredible shrinking arm disease BRUTHAS get over
the middle (gator arms) White recievers sell themselves out over
the middle (of course thats the only are they get rare passes in as the
occasional " Slot" reciever.) Give Joey a white guy or two to
throw to and his completion rate would go up.