Dan Dickau to Celtics

A sign-and-trade with New Orleans, according to the Boston
Globe on Tuesday.

JoeV

Guru
I was hoping he would go to the Cavs after we lost out on Sarunus, now I guess we are stuck with Damon Jones.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm actually shocked.The Celtics have been getting less and less white almost every year.Maybe now they can go back to the teams of the 80's slowly.They haven't won a championship or been to one since the Bird/McHale days.I'm excited for Dan Dickau.They will buy a ton of jerseys up there in Boston.Maybe he can slowly bring back memories of the great Bob Cousy.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's a great move for him, I hope he takes advantage of it!

KG2422

Mentor
Danny Ainge has brought in Brian Scalabrine, and Dan Dickau this offseason to go with Raef Lafrentz. It's too bad Taylor Coppenrath wasn't offered a contract after playing with their summer league team. I like watching that guy play. I think Ainge is white-friendly. Doc Rivers seems to be fair also, to his credit. I hope Dickau can beat out mulatto Delonte West. West seems like he could be a pretty solid player as well.

Deacon

Guru
KG2422 said:
It's too bad Taylor Coppenrath wasn't offered a contract after playing with their summer league team.

"Former Vermont star Taylor Coppenrath has signed a professional contract to play this season for AEK in Athens, Greece.
Coppenrath, who played for the Celtics in the Reebok Summer League in Las Vegas, passed on an invitation to the team's training camp.
He led UVM to three straight America East championships and the school's first three trips to the NCAA men's basketball tournament. This past season he finished second in the nation in scoring, averaging 25.1 points per game."

I guess he felt he'd be more appreciated in white-friendly Greece.

JoeV

Guru
Hopefully his toilet will flush correctly over there! I don't know why he would go to a second world conutry over playing in the US.

Because he can make many times more in Europe than he
could with the NBA minimum for a rookie -- assuming he
makes the team.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
Because he can make many times more in Europe than he
could with the NBA minimum for a rookie -- assuming he
makes the team.

Yes and as we have seen in the NFL the last few weeks no matter how well he plays or how much talent he has or how much potential he shows, because he is white he is just as likely to get cut. The coaches are probably not such dickheads in Greece

It was amazing how no black players were cut by NFL teams.
The victimhood on here sometimes makes this site lame -- you
all can sound just like them.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
It was amazing how no black players were cut by NFL teams. The victimhood on here sometimes makes this site lame -- you all can sound just like them.

You're an ass. We follow all of these guys from college to the pros, keep track of every game they play in and cheer them all the way. Hell yes, we should be upset when they are cut especially if we feel it was wrong. In case you haven't noticed this site is about pointing out that white athletes ARE victims: of the caste syste.

And unlike "them" as you put it, we are not asking the government to intervene and force an outcome more to out liking but instead have put up a free site and are trying to make our case based on the evidence at hand.

I'll tell what IS lame however, is a guy that hangs around the site frequently tossing sh*t on what we say.