D-League

j41181

Master
The NBA D-League is more like the Dead-End League. There are several noted players here (white and black) who are forced to toil night-in, night-out in virtually empty arenas. With their exploits going virtually unnoticed, from the public, and from NBA scouts. So what's the purpose of having this in the first place? NCAA basketball and the Euroleague is many times better than this pit-hole.

A number of D-Leaguers have been called time 'n time again to the NBA, only to be relegated back. Though there are very small exceptions, I feel most of these guys (black or white) will never get a fair opportunity to the NBA. It's a complete waste for them, especially now in this hard times. The following are noted white players in the D-League:

Jared Jordan
Blake Ahearn
Kevin Kruger
Gerry McNamara
Luke Jackson
Nick Lewis
Lance Allred

If given the "fair" chance, Jordan, Ahearn, McNamara and Kruger are all capable of being solid NBA guards. While Lewis, Jackson, and Allred could provide solid bench contributions. Sadly, these guys have been stuck in the Dead-End League anywhere from 2-4 years now. They may very well make it their careers. While I hate to spit this out, guys like Hansbrough, Harangody, Budinger, Mullens, and any other promising white in college could likely end up there. Adam Morrison is very likely on his way to the D-League. As I have said again, the D-League is the Dead-End League.
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley7.gif
Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Adam Haluska is an athletic freak and I believe he was playing for Iowa's NBA D-League team. He has so much POTENTIAL and this is utterly ashame. A black with his kind of potential would be given tons of time to refine the weaknesses in his game; but that doesn't look to be so for Adam. Coby Karl is a guy who could be a solid rotation bench player who the Lakers cut last year to make room for Sun Yue (to the approval of the Chinese fans) and others. Does anyone know Casey Jacobson's status?

Aussie Brad Newley and other non-Americans who aren't immediately wanted in the NBA are playing overseas. Marty Luenen seemed to have a lot of talent from what I saw of his dominance in the Pac-10 and is playing in Europe b/c he wasn't wanted right away by the NBA and he was born in Europe I believe.

Out of the guys you mention J41181 I know the first 5 well enough to know they deserve a home in the NBA, not the D-League.
smiley7.gif

j41181

Master
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Adam Haluska is an athletic freak and I believe he was playing for Iowa's NBA D-League team. He has so much POTENTIAL and this is utterly ashame. A black with his kind of potential would be given tons of time to refine the weaknesses in his game; but that doesn't look to be so for Adam. Coby Karl is a guy who could be a solid rotation bench player who the Lakers cut last year to make room for Sun Yue (to the approval of the Chinese fans) and others. Does anyone know Casey Jacobson's status?

Aussie Brad Newley and other non-Americans who aren't immediately wanted in the NBA are playing overseas. Marty Luenen seemed to have a lot of talent from what I saw of his dominance in the Pac-10 and is playing in Europe b/c he wasn't wanted right away by the NBA and he was born in Europe I believe.

Out of the guys you mention J41181 I know the first 5 well enough to know they deserve a home in the NBA, not the D-League.
smiley7.gif
Thanks for adding Adam Haluska and Coby Karl, TJR, I totally forgot about those two. They'd make solid NBA players if things were "fair." Casey Jacobsen is playing ball right in Europe as we speak, last I checked for a Spanish team. I enjoyed this guy in Stanford (49 points in one game), I'm amazed he never flourished under Mike D'antoni. These 3 are lot better than a certain player named Jason Kapono, though Kapono is quite good himself. But they are definitely a lot better than several black players around the NBA.

Maarty Leunen, another standout from Qregon U., this guys is somewhat better than Bonner or Cardinal, and maybe better than several black grunts around the NBA. Brad Newley, I doubt he will get a good shot at the NBA at all. His dilemma very similar to Casey Jacobsen. Commissioner Stern sure has a way with words, when said the NBA going international, it was meant for non-white foreigners like Yao MIng, not white foreigners like Brad Newley.Edited by: j41181