Cultural Marxist Insanity

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sean Avery has been "suspended indefinitely" for saying this: "I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada," he said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."

This is even crazier than the persecution of John Rocker. Suspended indefinitely???? Apparently he's too extroverted andbodacious for a white man. Avery's comment can be seen on the link below:
<H1 =storyTitle>Avery suspended indefinitely for comments about ex-girlfriend, Phaneuf</H1>
Of all the cajoling, snide remarks and other stunts Sean Avery pulled on the way to becoming the biggest pest in hockey, never had he gone so far that the NHL suspended him -- until Tuesday.

Avery was punished indefinitely by commissioner Gary Bettman for using a crude term about his former girlfriends now dating other hockey players. Bettman acted within hours, in time to keep Avery out of the Dallas Stars' game against the Calgary Flames on Tuesday night.

Avery's inflammatory line came following a morning skate in Calgary, Alberta. Reporters were waiting to speak with Avery about disparaging remarks he'd made last month about Flames star Jarome Iginla when Avery walked over to the group and asked if there was a camera present. When told there was, he said, "I'm just going to say one thing."

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada," he said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."

He then walked out of the locker room.

Avery's ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert of the television show "24" and the movie "Old School," is dating Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf; she had previously been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens. Avery also dated Rachel Hunter, the former "Sports Illustrated" swimsuit cover model and actress who is now the girlfriend of Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll.

Bettman said Avery made "inappropriate public comments, not pertaining to the game." The two will meet before the length of the suspension is determined. That get-together is likely to happen soon.

"I completely support the league's decision to suspend Sean Avery," Stars owner Tom Hicks said in a statement. "Had the league not have suspended him, the Dallas Stars would have. This organization will not tolerate such behavior, especially from a member of our hockey team. We hold our team to a higher standard and will continue to do so."

Avery is the kind of player who delights in doing or saying something to get under the skin of opponents and their fans. He's led the league in penalty minutes twice and was doing so again going into Tuesday. He's not only often called the most hated player in the NHL, but he also loves hearing it.

"I like to push it to the edge, no doubt about it," Avery said this summer, after signing a $15.5 million, four-year deal with the Stars. "That's how I play. That's how I live. That's what I'm all about."

His most infamous tactic came during last season's playoffs, while with the New York Rangers, when he stood in front of New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur, waving his hand and stick in the goalie's face to block his view. The next day, the league put in the so-called "Avery Rule" to prohibit such shenanigans.

Avery has been fined by the league and was once suspended by the Kings. Other players have been suspended for retaliating against Avery, including the Chicago Blackhawks' Ben Eager getting a three-game suspension for swinging his stick at Avery. However, this is the first time in his seven-year career that the NHL has taken him off the ice.

"Maybe they decided that this one crossed the line further than all the others," said Stars co-general manager Brett Hull, who played with Avery in Detroit several years ago and was a driving force signing him.

"More than anything, he's let his teammates down. That's the worst part of it," Hull said. "It's basically a fundamental -- you don't embarrass the team and you carry yourself with class and good character. I've told him before, there's more to the game than just lacing up the skates. There are things you have to be accountable for."

Despite his tough-guy image in his job, Avery has cultivated another image in his private life: fashionista. He's pursued his interest in the fashion world by interning with "Vogue" magazine. He's broken into pop culture through appearances on MTV and in tabloid gossip columns; he also grabbed a spot on "People" magazine's "Sexiest Scars" list in 2007 for a gash on his lip.

The Stars signed him in hopes that his grittiness would boost last season's Western Conference finalists. Instead, the injury-riddled Stars went into Tuesday night's game with only 20 points, fewest in the Western Conference and near the bottom of the NHL. Avery had 77 penalty minutes in 23 games. He also had three goals and seven assists.

Avery and Iginla were to meet on the ice for the first time since Avery told ESPN "the NHL does a terrible job of marketing" by not promoting its "villains" and that "nobody cares about Jarome Iginla and guys like that, they're just not exciting enough."

The Stars and Flames meet three more times. Next is Feb. 3 in Dallas; the Stars return to Calgary on March 18.

Teammates were in the locker room when Avery spoke Tuesday but didn't necessarily hear his interview. Told what he said, most were not surprised.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3740267

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
War on the white man continues. It will soon be permissable to punish a white man for anything he says. What disappoints me is that no one in authority (like Hull for instance) ever takes a stand for free speech. I know free speech is essentially a dead issue but aren't there some few high profile people that still would pay lip service to it?

BTW I also think this is a carry over from his disparaging remarks about Ignilia the PC poster boy for the NHL. Avery's remarks were spot on about him and it was a clear case of him remarking that the NHL is stupid to keep pimping for him.

Avery might get treated worse by the media then Plaxico Burress!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
jaxvid said:
War on the white man continues.

BTW I also think this is a carry over from his disparaging remarks about Ignilia the PC poster boy for the NHL. Avery's remarks were spot on about him and it was a clear case of him remarking that the NHL is stupid to keep pimping for him.

I'm sure the Iginla comment factored into it,maybe heavily.Before this, Avery was regarded as the guy you hate when he plays for the opponent but who you love when he's on your team.He's dated models and actresses, worked for GQ, had a very favorable write-up in either SI or ESPN The Magazine recently. He signed a big free agent deal in the off-season with Dallas.

The Iginla remark and Averyjust not being "humble" enough for a white man seems to be the motivation behind this mind-boggling persecution. When did "sloppy seconds" become such a horrific thing to say?
smiley29.gif
White athletes now can't only not talk about race and politics, they can't really say anything but the most inane cliches. Maybe the pro leagues should just issue cue cards to cover every question posed by the media -- "We gave one hundred percent tonight." "We didn't give enough effort out there." "They're a great team, we were lucky to beat them." "Jamal is a great player. It's an honor to be on the same field with him."

Meantime, blacks will continue to be able to say just about anything they want, and will be encouraged to do so. About the only area out of bounds for them is anti-homo stuff.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
f**k me, I was just about to post this and glad to see someone else is talking about it. When I read the headlines that he was suspended for his remarks I initially thought he called someone a ******. When I read that all he said was "sloppy seconds" I said: "f**k me, is that all?" Just what the hell is so offensive with that? What makes it worse is his own team said they would of suspended him had the league not done so. Is this professional sports or is this kindergarden? Blacks stroll around and commonly say the most brazen things while a white man mocks another white man in a tongue in cheek way and he is suspended for it. Not just a one game suspension -an indefinite one! Wassal, on this I really agree with you: the cultural marxists have now even turned Hockey's head offices into zombies.

Matra1

Mentor
Even Tony Kornheiser thought this was going too far!

'Sloppy seconds' is an every day term in the UK. Even there, the most PC part of the Anglosphere, Avery's comment would have elicited nothing more than laughs. Bettman is now in the business of protecting the image of slutitude. Edited by: Matra1

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It figures that the first writer I'm aware of who has called the persecution of Avery an over-reaction is black, Jason Whitlock. I wasn't aware that he'd been accused of calling Georges Laraque a racial name. That along with the Iginla statement must be at the core of this insanity

Avery might be dumb, but Bettman overreacted:

I just can't fathom the Sean Avery controversy. This has to be some kind of desperate publicity stunt for a terrific sport that is being ignored.

Obviously, Avery did not have to crack his joke in front of TV cameras. He should've saved it for the locker room. But indefinitely suspended by the league? Predictions that he'll never play again for the Dallas Stars?

Have we heard from Elisha Cuthbert? Is she pulling a Vivian Stringer and claiming that her role as Kim Bauer on "24" has been ruined by Avery's immature attempt at gamesmanship directed at Calgary's Dion Phaneuf?

I am not denying that Avery is an idiot. He has previously been accused of uttering a racial epithet at Georges Laraque. The league took no action because it was an impossible-to-prove he-said, he-said between Avery and Laraque.

I'm sure that history played a small role in Bettman's overreaction. Bettman, I'm sure, is trying to stop Avery from turning into the NHL's John Rocker. Bettman could've handled it by issuing a statement from the league apologizing to Cuthbert and any offended fans and promising to suspend Avery for his next, remotely inappropriate public comment.

OK, that's my quibble with Bettman. My real problem is with my peers in the media. I think we're too quick to go for the death penalty when it comes to verbal screw-ups. We can never see the gray areas and just want hard and fast rules.

Avery might be just as dumb as Rocker, but Avery is not John Rocker ... yet. Avery isn't even Fuzzy Zoeller, who mean-spiritedly tried to diminish Tiger Woods' first Masters title with a fried-chicken joke.

For now, Avery is a garden-variety simpleton. Some might argue he's Charles Barkley without the timing, occasional substance and fawning friends in the media. And I'm one of those fawning media members -- even though Sir Charles has made some mistakes along the way. (I never liked the Shirtless Charles in Chains Sports Illustrated cover. But I loved his take on LeBron and New York. It's always a mixed bag with Chuck.)

My point is we're trying too hard to paint Avery as a despicable human being. ESPN ran a graphic referencing the fact that Avery called another player "fatso" and described an announcer as "terrible."

How is that any different from what Barkley does during TNT's pre- and post-game shows? Barkley is the best studio analyst in the business.

We have to cut people a little slack, even people we don't like. Avery gets to be offensively flawed up to a point. He's yet to cross the line. We shouldn't push him over it.

You can e-mail Jason Whitlock at ballstate0@aol.com.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/8888964

guest301

Hall of Famer
I was wondering what he actually said and I come here to find out it was only "sloppy seconds". Geez, I have heard that phrase said many times. It's crude, but to suspend a guy for it is silly. The NHL is the twilight zone.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
He ended up with a 6 game suspension. Evidently because he made a comment that is offensive to women he must not be allowed to continue to work with men? What the f**k ever happened to free speech? That little wienersucker Bettman should be suspended for life for sucking wieners and then lying about it and saying he didn't know they were wieners.
smiley7.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Stars have cut all ties with Avery, and he is currently in a 10-day "voluntary" anger management program that "could be extended if counselors determine he needs a longer stay." I guess after that he'll be off to a labor camp fora fewyears. . .

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Yes indeed Don, the Stars, his own team, have essentially fired him for a mere slight -if you want to call it that. I doubt the comment itself was the reason, moreover it was the pretext to get rid of him because they cannot control him. In comparison to what others say and do in other sports such as boxing it seems what Avery said was a trifle nothing.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations to the Rangers for ending the unconscionable persecution of Sean Avery for the "crime" of what, being too arrogant for a White man? Avery has rewarded the Rangers with 4 goals in 3 games since returning to the NHL.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This must be Sean Avery's way of trying to get in the good graces of the Cultural Marxist thought police who persecuted him:
Why Hockey Has Gone Totally Gay For The Latest Homophobia Debate

Hockey, for a sport that's nominally proactive in areas ranging from replay to concussions, has never been especially progressive. No one expects the openly gay pro athlete, the inevitable big story for the next decade, to come from the NHL. While other leagues have John Amaechi and Billy Bean and Esera Tuaolo, the closest thing the NHL's had to a gay figure didn't skate a shift after high school.

Keep that in mind as you follow this whole Sean Avery saga. (Short version: Avery made a commercial in support of gay marriage. An agent, via his agency's Twitter account, expressed disappointment in Avery.) It's a proxy battle, for now. Until there's an actual gay teammate for Avery to support and for others to slur, this will remain entirely theoretical, an issue that exists mainly so people can congratulate themselves on their open-mindedness.
full article: http://deadspin.com/5800394/why-hockey-has-gone-totally-gay-for-the-latest-homophobia-debate

LabMan

Mentor
A look at the future for all White men in this country,everything we do or say will be a crime,hate speech laws are being pushed by the ADL and SPLC,as Ron Paul is set to run it will be interesting to seehow strong he will be on 1st. amendment rights,2nd amendment problems are next in line,if Paul is elected,we will have to know immediately how strong his love of the constitution really is.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
He kneel'd before the alter of cultural marxism to appeased the caste masters.

Matra2

Master
Tim Thomas has just announced his support for Chick-Fil-A in their stand against homosexual marriage. I think Thomas's career could be over now. Boston will not want him back after this as (apparently) Massachusetts is a hardline gay marriage state. I also think he can forget about playing on the US Olympic team. There's no way they'll want him especially if Brian Burke is again involved with Team USA (Burke's late son was a gay rights "trailblazer" in junior hockey).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good for Tim Thomas!

Highlander

Mentor
Good for him. Much respect. It takes a lot of gumption these days to simply take a stand against the Cultural Marxist Totalitarians. There's so much to risk.

I'm enjoying me one of those spicy Chick-Fil-A sandwich meals right now. The breast on this one is particularly plump and crispy...piping hot, too. Just perfect. Battling the Cultural Marxist Totalitarians never tasted so good.

Hopefully, you all can do the same.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree with you, Highlander. I heard that August 1 is the day the sodomites are planning to show up at Chick-fil-a and show their affection for each other. I would encourage everyone to go to a Chick-fil-a near you, if there is one, eat there on August 1, and tell them how much you appreciate their founder's stance against homosexuality and for Biblical morality.

Matra2

Master
Even the ACLU supports Chick Fil A on this. The liberal Boston Globe has also condemned their grandstanding mayor for saying he wouldn't allow the restaurant to open up in Boston. Rahm Emanuel is the other leader of this cause. He said bigots who oppose homosexual marriage are not welcome in Chicago. Yet, the same Rahm Emanuel happily went to work for Obama when he still disapproved of homosexual marriage. These people are so transparent with their hypocrisy and hate-mongering it's as if they are so drunk on power they can no longer be bothered trying to hide it.

BTW Tim Thomas seems to be losing interest in hockey and he's also now taking strong political stands. A political career ahead for Thomas?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I foresee Tim Thomas becoming the most hated guy in hockey.

Matra2

Master
The N.H.L. said it had formed a partnership with the You Can Play Project, an advocacy group pledged to fight homophobia in sports, and planned training and counseling on gay issues for its teams and players. The league will also be involved in the production and broadcast of public-service announcements.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/12/s...tiative-in-support-of-gay-athletes.html?_r=1&

I don't know about you but I just haven't had enough preachy "public service announcements" from our rulers.:icon_rolleyes: