Conference Tournaments

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I mostly ignore college basketball but tune in around tourny time to see if there are any white-friendly teams. Seems to be getting less and less white-friendly but I was glad to see BYU play 5 whites. Also, Syracuse had 3 whites and even Maryland had 3 whites on the floor at one time.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Never thought I would root for a New York based team like Syracuse but I really enjoyed the 6OT game the other night and the fact that two of their best three players are white in Devendorf and Rautins.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I will be rooting for Syracuse in the tournament based on the fact the played threee white players at one time, and the fact they knocked out Jim Castehoun and Uconn in the 6OT game. I will be rooting for them against all black Louisville as well.

I hope North Carolina and Duke meet in the championship game. There are three white guys Roy Williams will usually play in any given game. We all know about Duke of course. I am glad Terps also upset nearly all black Wake Forest.

Sad to see that Florida and Wisconsin lost.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Ohio State likely will make the tournament and they have two prominent white guys to root for. Future lottery pick, 7 foot center BJ Mullens and tweener guard/small forward Jon Deibler who is pretty good at dropping threes on you all night long.

foobar75

Master
That Syracuse-Uconn game was a classic, and I'm so glad Syracuse won for obvious reasons. That all-thug team that Calhoun puts on the floor deserved what they got.

And yes, NC/Ohio State/Duke/Purdue are all teams to root for going forward.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
I hope North Carolina and Duke meet in the championship game. There are three white guys Roy Williams will usually play in any given game. We all know about Duke of course.

i actually have a problem with North Carolina's current roster, in that i think they should only have 2 white men who see game action.

7-0 freshman forward Tyler Zeller broke his hand in the second or third game of the year, and he has missed the entire season since then... until recently. Roy Williams blew his entire year to play him 4-5 minutes a game the last 4 or 5 games of the season. (he would've redshirted otherwise.) he was starting before the injury, but now that he's returned barely gets any burn.

Zeller has tremendous upside, and it's a travesty that he's lost a whole year for garbage minutes at the end of the season.
smiley5.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, this is pretty much a wasted year off of Tyler's career, Unless Roy lets him contribute more in the big dance, then I have to agree with you on that one, Jimmy.

Hopefully though, the teams that foobar mentioned will be able to knock out some all black teams. Also, it would be nice to see Gonzaga and Butler advance deep into the tournament, along with North Dakota State, Wisconsin, and Syracuse.

If there are any good teams I missed, please let me know.