Comments From A Duntz

Maple Leaf

Mentor
This is a copy of an article I found from boxingscene.com:

Haye: "Maccarinelli is Tailor-Made For Me" Recommend this pagePrintable version Search BoxingScene Database

By Mark Vester

WBC/WBA champ David Haye (20-1, 19KOs) has hit back at WBO cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli (28-1, 21KOs). During a recent interview with IC Wales, Macca vowed to smash Haye to the floor when the two champions come together to unify their titles on March 8.

Haye, speaking with Sportinglife, admits that both of them have less than stellar chins, and the fight will come down to the fighter who lands the first big bomb. But he says that Macca is tailor-made for him, and he plans to exploit all of his flaws.

"We are the biggest pound-for-pound punchers in the world and neither of us have great chins. He has been floored a couple of times, so have I. We have both lost one fight before," Haye said. "It will come down to who lands the first clean bomb, and his style is tailor-made for me to exploit."

"He comes in with high hands, a stand-up European fighter, and I keep my hands low with a lot of lateral movement. The last time I fought a guy like Maccarinelli, the guy was called Alexander Gurov and I knocked him out in one round with my right. "Maccarinelli has to move his hands from his face to throw his big punches and when he does my fast right will knock him on the chin. Bang! There goes Maccarinelli."

What makes Haye's comments so funny is he's saying they both have power and they both have suspect chins but HIS CHIN IS PROTECTED BECAUSE HE KEEPS HIS HANDS LOW! Maccarelli protects his chin so he is MORE susceptible to getting knocked out?

The reality is Haye backs up alot, does not always move laterally, and short men with short reach are able to connect.