Clay Buchholz

sunshine

Mentor
Baseball America is starting its annual draft report card and here is an interesting tidbit. The Red Sox drafted a pitcher Clay Buchholz out of Texas somewhere. He is 21 and get this he recently ran the 40 yard dash in 4.25 and 4.27 seconds. Too bad the guy is a pitcher. He should be a CF. To make matters worse he was drafted by an American league team with the DH. Maybe they will switch his position down the road? He is 6-3 and 190lbs, great athlete!!Yeh baseball players are so unathletic.

KG2422

Mentor
That kid is from my hometown in Lumberton ,TX! He played WR in high school. I heard he was fast ,but I thought the time was bogus because a lot of those high school kids have bogus times. He's a good kid too from what I know from the few times I've met him.

sunshine

Mentor
Thats the guy all right.Someone to keep an eye on. I recall his name in football circles and apparently he went to McNeese State for a while for baseball. His speed is legit. Odd though they timed him in a 40 yard dash . Baseball usually times guys from home to first and the 60 yard dash. Good luck to Clay.

KG2422

Mentor
A lot of our boys go to McNeese thinking their going to get a legitimate chance and of course they don't unless they are an offensive lineman. Jacob Heinz could have been a good defensive back for them. It happens on every level. Good luck to Clay in baseball ,although he looked like a good football prospect as well.