Chris Mullin

j41181

Master
Congratulations to Mullin getting inducted!
smiley32.gif

BTW, Arvydas Sabonis also got selected, that makes two great white player to the Basketball Hall of Fame.

I've been looking at the reception comments, and amazed how people claim it's the "NBA HOF", and not the Naismith Basketball HOF.

There's NO such thing as NBA HOF, just Naismith Basketball HOF. They also recognize internationals (coaches & players), contributors, and women. It's NOT always NBA players, that's how misguided DWF's tend to be about basketball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mullin is deserving, a great shooter with akeen understanding of the game. I'd forgotten about him making it, congrats toChris and Sabonis.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Mullin in his prime was easily on the best players the NBA has ever seen. He averaged over 25 ppg for four seasons in a row and shot over 50% from the field for his career. The shooting percentage is very impressive for a guy who plays the small forward/shooting guard position.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's nice to see he finally got in. It's too bad he is going in with attention whore Dennis Rodman. I wonder what colour dress Dennis will wear for the ceremony....
smiley11.gif
I was also mildly surprised Artis Gilmore took so long to get in the hall.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Arvydas Sabonis, had he not wasted away behind the Iron Curtain during his prime (and suffered not only the media blackout but the inferior medical care), would likely be acknowledged as the best center of all time. and i'm not engaging in hyperbole when i say that. i've seen a few tapes of when he was in his prime, and the guy was just amazing. no center, before or sense, has been able to do what he could do on the floor.

just to puthis careerinto perspective, whenSabonis finally was allowed to play in the NBA, he had no cartilage left in one knee and had only half the cartilage left in the other. even then, without the benefit of the mobility and explosiveness of his younger years, he was still one of the more productive centers in the Association. his surgically-precise passing and court awareness rivalled that of the better point guards in the League. his ability to knock down shots from the perimeter was amongst the elite. his post moves, as limited as they were, still proved a tough match-up, especially his jump hook.

his wasting away in Soviet Russia for so long is one of the bigger losses inworld basketball history.

white is right said:
It's nice to see he finally got in. It's too bad he is going in with attention whore Dennis Rodman. I wonder what colour dress Dennis will wear for the ceremony....
smiley11.gif

Rodman deserved to get in. He was a heck of a player.
Sabonis-Rodman-Mullin. That would have been one heck of a frontline!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I never said Dennis the player didn't deserve the hall admission. I said Dennis "the Menace" persona didn't deserve to hog the limelight away from the other inductees.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Rodman deserves to be in the HOF. But his current life is a mess, typical affelete. Watch during the ceramonies. He will start crying like a baby about being there and his awful life.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
pistol pete said:
white is right said:
smiley11.gif

Rodman deserved to get in. He was a heck of a player.

Sabonis-Rodman-Mullin. That would have been one heck of a frontline!

Rodman was a great rebounder and easily one of the top 3 of all time. His offense,however, left a lot to be desired. He also wasn't a good shot blocker or passer.