Chris Leak worship

Poacher

Mentor
Check out this article:

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/cory_mccartney /07/29/florida.leak/index.html[/url]

Ever since Leak was a freshman he has been on the cover of every pre-season mag and promoted endlessly by the media. This article is really insulting. All of a sudden Meyer needs to change his system to fit Leak. Also, notice Leak's obsession with beating a white QB's records and Leak's father playing the race card and not giving it a second thought. I mean my God is there no limit?

Poor Meyer, not only does he have to endure the stress of guiding a nationally recognized football program but he's got to cater to Leak's (and his fathers) racial insecurities and paranoia as well.

Also, for the past decade (at least) the caste media have been telling us all how you need an "athletic" (black) QB to win even as whites kept winning Superbowls. Now Meyer installs an offense that calls for a mobile QB and this cnnsi writer blames him for the lack of success for black QB who is a "classic drop-back passer," the very kind of QB that is denigrated weekly by the caste media, talk about standing reality on it's head.

And what's with dragging Brady Quinn into this?

Why is Leak so obsessed with beating the records of a white QB? That smacks of racism. A lot like Tiger Woods playing golf for the sole purpose of beating Jack's 18 majors. Who are the racists here?

In conclusion, it appears this writer is upset because Meyer is installing a more balanced attack and not handing Leak the ball to throw on every down so he can get his precious records.Edited by: Poacher

whiteCB

Master
Did Mr. Leak pay this guy to write this or what?
smiley36.gif

Triad

Mentor
That has got to be the worst article I have ever read.
What a an arrogant P.O.S.!
The end of the Ron Zook era begn when he pulled Ingle Martin out of the Miami game with a double digit lead amd inserted Leak. Miami with Brock Berlin came back and won and Martin wasn't given another chance - he transferred to Furman and got drafted by the Packers.

Deus Vult

Mentor
Leak was voted First Team All-SEC. But the SEC doesn't really have any great QBs this year.

Brandon Cox (Auburn) was voted Second Team All-SEC QB. Georgia Head Coach Marc Richt, asked about QBs in the SEC, said: "To name who I would consider the top two right now, it would probably be Leak and (Auburn's) Brandon) Cox... There are others that are talented but maybe haven't played as consistently as those two have. Those would be the top two right now."

This fair assessment ignited the JaMarcus Russell (LSU) fellaters! One columnist, Neal McCready of the Mobile (AL) Register wrote:

"The race for the most talented quarterback in the SEC is such a landslide that it's not worth debating. Mobile native JaMarcus Russell of LSU is not only the most gifted quarterback in the league... Russell is the only SEC quarterback who has a chance to be one of the top five picks in one of the next two NFL drafts."

If Chris Leak falls from grace with the Caste hype machine, JaMarcus will be their man.

Triad

Mentor
There's a lot of debate in Cajunland whether Jamarcus is the best or even 2nd best QB on LSU's team.

Triad

Mentor
Chris Leak: Florida team record (2003-2006) is 24-13; no SEC championships, No national titles, only mid level bowl games.

Danny Wuerffel: Florida team record (1993-1996) 45-6; 4 SEC championships, 1 National title.

It would be interesting to compare their SEC records also but I haven't been able to find them.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
The problem is Leak isn't former Utah quarterback Alex Smith ...

wow! did they accidentally admit that Alex Smith was a better athlete than leak? really? but he's white! hmmm... something doesn't add up.
smiley36.gif

The 50 (touchdowns) that he shot off as a personal goal this season would be a Florida record, surpassing the 49 thrown by Wuerffel. It would also make him just the third player ever to throw for 50 or more scoring strikes in Division I-A history, putting him along side Houston's David Klingler and Texas Tech's B.J. Symons.

i'm guessing here, but if leak approaches those touchdown numbers, don't you think that he will be compared-to/assumed-to-be one of the greatest draft picks ever at the quarterback position? conversely, Klingler and Symons were quickly dismissed as "system" quarterbacks. (although, truthfully Klingler was a first round draft pick who didn't pan out for whatever reason.)