Chad Green

sunshine

Mentor
Since I brought up the Marlins Eric Reed and his 4.2 40 speed the fastest white player I recall in the past ten years was Chad Green from Mentor High School in Ohio. He was recruited to play football by Lou Holtz at Notre Dame, in retrospect he should have gone the football route, but opted instead to play baseball at Kentucky. He ended up being a first round draft pick of the Brewers and got off to a solid start before topping off somewhere at Double A. I saw him play towards the end of his career.
I was always interested in him because many thought he could become a world class sprinter. Then the other day I was surprised to run across a 1995 article I had never seen before that said he ran the 60 yard dash as fast as 6.14 seconds and the article went on to say it beat Deion Sanders record of 6.2 seconds. A shame he never made it to the majors--injuries played a part and I have no idea what he is up to today--will check--maybe in an independent league?
I would like to see more white Chad Green speedsters who can run great times.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's too bad when guys like Green don't succeed, but it's also further evidence that speed isn't everything, far from it. Yet in the eyes of the Caste System, blacks' slight speed advantage (on average) automatically confers on them tremendous all-around athleticism in any and every sport they have "interest" in.

Running fast doesn't mean one can hit, field or pitch -- or shoot a puck or throw or catch a football, and myriad other abilities not dependent in the least on one's speed.