Caste Football Coaches

hedgehog

Mentor
On a positive note we have some of the worst offenders of caste football that might not be around next year, and could possibly be gone before:

1. Mike Tice- Minnesota Vikings, was just assured his job was secure by new owner Mr. Wilf, in the NFL this is the death sentence.

2. Mike Holmgren-Seattle Seahawks- better get turned around this year or he will probably be gone as well.

3. Denny Green- Arizona Cardinals-not sure when his contract runs out, but I read somewhere today where the fans in Arizona are starting to grumble about him.

We'll have a collective Caste Football toast when each of them is sent on their way. Holmgren has been the most destructive because he has been at it for so long. It's highly unlikely that the low-IQ, thug-worshipping Tice will be hired by another NFL team when the new owner of the Vikings cans him. Green will continue to resurface, given that he is black, but then again he may finally be seen as the successor to Ray Rhodes.

Sadly, when each Caste System worshipper falls, another rises to take his place.
smiley36.gif

Kaptain

Master
You might want to add Mike Sherman to that list as Green Bay is one of the blackest teams in the NFL and are 0-2. Asta la Vista!

hedgehog

Mentor
Apparently coach Mike Tice told the team he might quit. The team is bringing in a bunch of "advisors" to help coach the team for the rest of the year. Its all over for this guy as a head coach. I also noticed something interesting when reading about this situation.Coach TIce got into it with the defensive coach George O'Leary back in 2002 about (white) linebacker Greg Biekert. Tice wanted Biekert gone, but O'Leary not only insisted on keeping him, but starting him as well. By 2004, both Biekert and O'Leary were gone. Just an example of what happens if you dont subscribe to the caste football system.

GWTJ

Mentor
With sports being a very imitative profession, maybe some of the new coaches will start to copy the way Belichek does things. No thugs allowed, tow the line and play for the team. That would probably lead to more white players getting a chance.

bigunreal

Mentor
GWTJ-

While I admire what Bellicheck has done with New England, he hasn't
kept the thugs away from their roster. Corey Dillon has a more
extensive criminal past than probably any other player in the NFL. Both
Daniel Graham and Ben Watson had "issues" off the field, to be p.c.
about it.

G

BU -

You are very right about Corey Dillon although he has calmed down since going to the pats, as I think Bellicheck and the pats organisation are a positive influence

Poacher

Mentor
The heads are rolling everywhere. The ranting will soon begin for them to be replaced by black coaches.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Mike Tice, Dom Capers, Mike Sherman, Mike Martz, Norv Turner, Jim Haslett, and Steve Mariucci have all been fired

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good riddance to all of them except Martz, though some or all will keep popping up, like a bad penny. It would be nice to see another team hireMartz right away. Houston has been rumored to be interested.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I heard the pundits on ESPN today talking to Mike Ditka, urging him to take over one of these teams. They even brought up the New Orleans Saints again! Aaarrggghh! LOL !

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'd hate to be the next guy to take over the Falcons. Until someone in the front office figures out that Vick is killing that team, a la Brooks and the Saints, they will go nowhere.

They've gone through a carousel of coaches, blamed Vick's ineptitude on the receivers, the line, the game plan, the play calling, everything except Vick himself. What is the one common denominator?

Mike Vick. Edited by: White Shogun

backrow

Hall of Famer
too bad about Mike Martz. i just hope that Furrey has established himself enough to be AT LEAST number 3 receiver for Lions...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
I'd hate to be the next guy to take over the Falcons. Until someone in the front office figures out that Vick is killing that team, a la Brooks and the Saints, they will go nowhere.

They've gone through a carousel of coaches, blamed Vick's ineptitude on the receivers, the line, the game plan, the play calling, everything except Vick himself. What is the one common denominator?

Mike Vick.

Caste Systempromoters areway too blind, deaf and dumb to figure it out, or to admit that their system is built on exaggerations and lies. Just this morning we find this timeless piece of wisdom in Norman Chad's
smiley8.gif
column about the five head coaches he thinks should be fired:

"If you have Michael Vick as your quarterback and can't finish better than 8-8 in two consecutive seasons, you are the coach of the year [when it comes to being fired]."

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
too bad about Mike Martz. i just hope that Furrey has established himself enough to be AT LEAST number 3 receiver for Lions...

I haven't been keeping up. I take it Martz was fired?

I hope he ends up as a head coach somewhere. Arizona anybody?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Mike Martz should get some type of Caste Football award orhonor. The 2005 Lions were ranked near the bottom of the league in passing with less than 3000 yds, and 15 td passes. This year believe it or not, they surpassed 4,200 yds and threw for 24 td's and had two receivers going over 1,000 yds. Martz was the mind behind the -Greatest Show on Earth- in St. Louis and gave evidence of his genius bygiving Mike Furrey the opportunity to catch passes and have a fantastic season. Kudos to mike Martz!! Of course, we can't advertise this to the rest of the sports world for fear of having him fired immediately and blackballed from football. Edited by: Bart

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe now the media will let up a bit in its endless adoration of Marvin Lewis. The thug-filled Bengals were big-time underachievers in '06. All we've heard for four years is how Lewis "turned the franchise around," instilled a "winning tradition," how free agents now want to sign with Cincinnati (translation: play for a black coach), etc.

Well, the Bengals 11-5 record last year was the only time they've been over .500 in Lewis' four seasons as their coach. They only had to win one of their final three games this year to make the playoffs but managed to lose all three. Like Tony Dungy, the media loves Lewis' non-threatening, good guy personna, but he's far from the top of his profession.