Carroll College-4 Straight NAIA Titles

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
These guys are awesome. Carroll College is a Catholic school in Montana that has won 4 straight NAIA National Championships! They deserve some recognition and credit. Here is the 2005 team. They have a 21 game winning streak going. I think number 51 sums it up best!
team.jpg
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Realgeorge

Mentor
Great post, Colonel Reb! Now it's Christmas 2007 and Carroll College is in the NAIA championship once again!

On the boob-tube on the CSTV sports network, it's Carroll College Fighting Saints against the Sioux Falls Cougars. Just amazing -- each team is nearly all White. The Carroll team IS all White, and I count two Negroes on the Sioux Falls team. But Lawd-a-Mercy! White Halfbacks! White Flankers! White Middle Linebackers! And White coaches, fans and cheerleaders. Like I died and went to Yggdrasil heaven!

The game itself is like a throwback to the 1960s, early 60s. No showboating, no jive dances, no ball spiking. The game is being played in a driving rainstorm and the field is splashy-wet, and both teams are crisp and accurate on every play. Receivers CATCH their passes. Punt returners CATCH their punts. It's 3-0 Carroll late in the second quarter.

I can always dream, but ALL of college football should have rosters filled with dynamite White football players, and many fewer "affletes" with their dope and their jive and their hate.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
SI-cover.jpg

That is Carroll College LB Brandon Day on the SI cover, celebrating the 17-9 championship game win over Sioux Falls. RB Gabe Le won the offensive MVP award for the game.