Can someone post all the current white DB's...

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Here are a few off the top of my head.

Eric Weddle, Chargers
Steve Gregory, Patriots
John Wendling, Lions
Tyler Sash, Giants
Chris Conte, Bears
Craig Dahl, Rams

These are all safeties. I know of no white cornerbacks in the NFL though there might be one or two backups.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Chris Prosinski Jaguars
Jim Leonhard Broncos
Cody Grimm Buccaneers
Cory Lynch Chargers
Matt Giordano Raiders
Tom Zbiskowski Colts
Reed Doughty Redskins
Harrison Smith Vikings
Kyle McCarthy Chiefs
Nate Ebner Patriots
Brandon Hardin Bears
Eric Smith Jets
Shann Schillinger Falcons
Matt Johnson Cowboys

thats off the top of my head as well, you could look around and check yourself, there are probably more.

There are a ton of White guys that are 5'9 to 6'1 that run in the 4.5 range or lower, many could be runningbacks, receivers or corners but have been converted to safety, there should be more with all of the guys that are converted, there were at least 3 or 4 that had the talent to start that didn't even get a look in last years draft.

Prosinski is starting due to injury as well as Giordano, both have elite speed and the skillset to play corner, Giordano is known for catching up with Devin Hester on a return. Doughty is starting due to injury I believe, maybe he won the job. He is a solid safety that is hated by every Redskin fan despite being above average, I believe he is deaf as well, you would think he would have gotten some coverage for that, I know a few black guys that were deaf got specials on them in college

Cody Grimm looked great starting and then he got injured and I don't think got a fair shot after.

Harrison Smith is a rookie and looks amazing so far. He has the build of a big safety but great speed.

Ebner is a rookie and didn't see the field much in college, mostly known for playing rugby but was in a few packages today as a safety.

McCarthy is on IR and started out on the practice squad, he would be a solid starter, but for Whites at skill positions that isn't good enough, they have to be great, pretty much elite. Most of the starters are elite, the above average ones are usually backups that rotate in for certain packages or start because an afflete is injured. Otherwise they will probably spend their career doing special teams.

Last edited: