Brian Roberts on a tear

Realgeorge

Mentor
Hats Off to the little white guy with a big heart. Brian Roberts is tearing up the American League. Swatting homeruns and stealing bases, and the guy is no bigger than a college girl softball player. Not as mean, but reminds me of Pete Rose. Compact swing, fast on the basepaths, a vacuum-cleaner at second base. Glad the Orioles traded Jerry Hairston [who is an excellent ballplayer in his own right], now Roberts gets DC-Balto recognition as the best ballplayer in town. Has all the wrong
buttons pushed: White, disciplined, overtly Christian, clean ... fast, strong [a bodybuilder], great team guy. Will sacrifice when asked, dives for grounders. Has more homeruns than a whole clutch of surly steroid-pumped dudes throughout the league.

Roberts and Posednik are just thrilling to watch. Check out Wilkerson on the Nationals too. The young lad can hit and run the bases, is the real sparkplug to the surprising ex-Expos who are embarrassing more talented teams.

BZ to CasteFootball.US for a great site, it's mucho fun to post stuff [BZ is Navy Flaghoist Signal language for "Job Well Done"]

Yuri Dmitriyevitch​

whiteCB

Master
I wish I would have picked up Roberts in fantasy baseball but I'll settle for Jeff Kent. Where didi all of this power suddenly come from? Steriods? Just kidding, Roberts weighs what? 170 lbs. He was without a doubt the AL MVP in April(even everyone on Baseball Tonight said that).

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Roberts and Podsednik face-off tonight as the White Sox & Orioles start their series together.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
According to today's local rag, Roberts is third in batting in the AL, first in runs scored, third in hits, tied for fourth in triples, tied for second in homers, third in RBIs, and tied for second in stolen bases. Although total bases isn't listed, he's probably first in that category. But he's not among the leaders in doubles -- what the hell's wrong with him?
smiley36.gif

Realgeorge

Mentor
The Orioles and White Sox split their 4-game series. Excellent teams, where the team comes before the individual. Posednik and Roberts did well, but Posednik had another 4-steal game. The guy gets the best jump in baseball.

Credit where it's due: The Baltimore Sun rarely plays the "race-card' with Orioles players. Excellence is rewarded, mediocrity ridiculed. But watch for some Sammy Sosa media fireworks. He stiffed the TV staff for a routine, scheduled interview. He's also having a lousy year, stiking out every third at bat, and on DL with a foot infection. We were hoping, but Sammy is still Surly Sammy.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is a great article on Brian Roberts in the new
ESPN Magazine.It is around 4 pages long and tells
all about his life story.Good reading.They also have
a article on Drew Bennett in this same issue.

kevin

Guru
where did this guy come from he looks amazing he looksas good as thome. he is the most impressive player baltimore has had since ripken.

Realgeorge

Mentor
My poor Orioles are falling apart as the injuries pile up. But it was fun! Starting the season with such a bang. Brian Roberts continues to play well and will be a fine All-star.

PS The Baltimore Sun swears on bibles that Manager Mazilli will not be retained next year. Strange, the guy has done a fine job. But he works for Peter Angelos, the Grim Reaper of team owners

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is still a long way to go.I wouldn't give up on
the Orioles just yet.Just like the Yankees,they are
staying within striking distance.Brian Roberts is a
stud.He will be the backbone of that team for years to
come & he doesn't cork his bats like Sosa!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brian Roberts is leading the AL in steals with 22. The very white looking Grady Sizemore is second with 20. Roberts is hitting .303.

LabMan

Mentor
RealGeorge,

Can you fill us in on the latest managerial firing in Baltimore,and what really happened with Lee Mazilli?

speedster

Mentor
Going into yesterday's game Roberts needed one steal to move ahead of Crawford to win the SB title but Roberts didn't play so they ended up tied,what kind of bullsh*t is that.So I guess they don't want a white guy beating a black guy in the speed department or maybe their thinking was since Crawford missed the last two weeks of the season that it wouldn't be right for Roberts to win so a tie is good enough.I suppose Brian could have been hurt,does anybody know for sure.

Roberts missed at least a week during the season and it may have been two weeks