Boxing judges

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Boxing judges = cronyism and corruption, and even if they did get an honest and competent judge in there, he would be totally vulnerable to both bribes and intimidation from all the heavies that are always around boxing like moths around a light.

Look up some of these pro judges. Here, I picked one that's judged many fights, Julie Lederman. What are her qualifications? Here it tells you:

"Daughter of former judge and current HBO TV boxing analyst Harold Lederman"

Cronyism. Show biz connection.

Melvina Lathan, top boxing official in NY State. She was in attendance when they handed Mago Abdusalamov and his corner an insurance form and told them to go find a hospital, exit on the right. What the hell are her qualifications, besides who she knows?

(This is an excerpt from a thread I have on .... which I started by asserting that, "Monkeys with darts and a dart board would make better decisions than boxing judges.")

Last edited:

Ambrose

Master
Boxing judges = cronyism and corruption, and even if they did get an honest and competent judge in there, he would be totally vulnerable to both bribes and intimidation from all the heavies that are always around boxing like moths around a light.

Look up some of these pro judges. Here, I picked one that's judged many fights, Julie Lederman. What are her qualifications? Here it tells you:

"Daughter of former judge and current HBO TV boxing analyst Harold Lederman"

Cronyism. Show biz connection.

Melvina Lathan, top boxing official in NY State. She was in attendance when they handed Mago Abdusalamov and his corner an insurance form and told them to go find a hospital, exit on the right. What the hell are her qualifications, besides who she knows?

(This is an excerpt from a thread I have on .... which I started by asserting that, "Monkeys with darts and a dart board would make better decisions than boxing judges.")

Just check out the number of same judges that keep reappearing on Mayweather Jr. fights. This closed society keeps on keeping on. It's the fighters that are stupid for not contracting with impartial judges and stipulating the rules and conditions under which they will accept a decision.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Just check out the number of same judges that keep reappearing on Mayweather Jr. fights. This closed society keeps on keeping on. It's the fighters that are stupid for not contracting with impartial judges and stipulating the rules and conditions under which they will accept a decision.

Yep. Like George Foreman said after they robbed Oquendo (yet again), fighters have to stop standing there meekly and accepting phony decisions from crooked judges. As for Mayweather, he always fights in Las Vegas, the crookedest city in the world, and not only brings his in house judges with him, but also his in house referees, like Joe Cortez, and they even fix up the ring size just the way he likes it.

Mike Mollo went crazy when he saw that they wanted to impose the same blatantly crooked and biased referee upon him that they used in his first fight with Szpilka, and they did change it to a real referee. Why did Andrew Golota and his corner accept the most incompetent and crooked Randy Neumann as a constant in dogging him in his big fights without protesting? Neumann was another one that George Foreman commented on. Foreman was the only honest announcer in recent times, up until when they fired him after the Oquendo robbery vs. Byrd. He closed off that fight by saying "those are the best judges that money can..."

Oquendo has been robbed other times, and Byrd has been given other gifts too, like in his fight with Golota. Golota beat both Byrd and Ruiz in championship fights, and he did zero monkey business in either of those fights, and he was robbed both times. Golota should have been the heavyweight champ. People forget that.

Randy Neumann is still impersonating a referee in big fights. How does he get that job? He gets it because he owns a financial firm in New Jersey and "manages" money for the boxing bosses.

Last edited:

Ambrose

Master
Yep. Like George Foreman said after they robbed Oquendo (yet again), fighters have to stop standing there meekly and accepting phony decisions from crooked judges. As for Mayweather, he always fights in Las Vegas, the crookedest city in the world, and not only brings his in house judges with him, but also his in house referees, like Joe Cortez, and they even fix up the ring size just the way he likes it.

Mike Mollo went crazy when he saw that they wanted to impose the same blatantly crooked and biased referee upon him that they used in his first fight with Szpilka, and they did change it to a real referee. Why did Andrew Golota and his corner accept the most incompetent and crooked Randy Neumann as a constant in dogging him in his big fights without protesting? Neumann was another one that George Foreman commented on. Foreman was the only honest announcer in recent times, up until when they fired him after the Oquendo robbery vs. Byrd. He closed off that fight by saying "those are the best judges that money can..."

Oquendo has been robbed other times, and Byrd has been given other gifts too, like in his fight with Golota. Golota beat both Byrd and Ruiz in championship fights, and he did zero monkey business in either of those fights, and he was robbed both times. Golota should have been the heavyweight champ. People forget that.

Randy Neumann is still impersonating a referee in big fights. How does he get that job? He gets it because he owns a financial firm in New Jersey and "manages" money for the boxing bosses.

Protests, petitions, and complaints are just whining. The best way to fix the problem is to do it with the contract. Fighters can set rules for judges and agree on who they want to work for them.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Protests, petitions, and complaints are just whining. The best way to fix the problem is to do it with the contract. Fighters can set rules for judges and agree on who they want to work for them.

Only a very few of the top guys might be able to have some leverage, and even then I doubt if they could pick the judges and the referee. Most of them, though, are just chattel. They do as they are told or they don't work at all. They have no union, plus most of them aren't very educated or intelligent. Sometimes if they yell loud enough, after it's too late for the bosses to find somebody else, like Mike Mollo did right before the Szpilka fight, they might get something done, and, like George Foreman said, they could at least protest the crooked crap, not that it will get them anywhere, except maybe blacklisted.

Here's Malignaggi - who has a much bigger audience than the average Fat City boxer - protesting a crooked house judge in 2009:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/8/23/999503/if-paulie-malignaggi-is

The same judge, Gale Van Hoy, is still doing his judge act, same as ever.

GVH.jpg

Boxing judge Gale Van Hoy

He looks like the old time British comedian, Jackie Wright, who used to play on the Bennie Hill Show, if any of you remember that. I once knew a girl who worked on that show. She told me that Bennie Hill was "as queer as a three dollar bill". Funny, because he was always ogling pretty girls on the show.

Last edited:

Ambrose

Master
Only a very few of the top guys might be able to have some leverage, and even then I doubt if they could pick the judges and the referee. Most of them, though, are just chattel. They do as they are told or they don't work at all. They have no union, plus most of them aren't very educated or intelligent. Sometimes if they yell loud enough, after it's too late for the bosses to find somebody else, like Mike Mollo did right before the Szpilka fight, they might get something done, and, like George Foreman said, they could at least protest the crooked crap, not that it will get them anywhere, except maybe blacklisted.

Here's Malignaggi - who has a much bigger audience than the average Fat City boxer - protesting a crooked house judge in 2009:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/8/23/999503/if-paulie-malignaggi-is

The same judge, Gale Van Hoy, is still doing his judge act, same as ever.

GVH.jpg

Boxing judge Gale Van Hoy

He looks like the old time British comedian, Jackie Wright, who used to play on the Bennie Hill Show, if any of you remember that. I once knew a girl who worked on that show. She told me that Bennie Hill was "as queer as a three dollar bill". Funny, because he was always ogling pretty girls on the show.

I agree the average fighter lacks intelligence and knowledge; I disagree entirely that the average fighter -fighting a main event- couldn't negotiate with his adversary:

1) who may referee the;
2) who may judge the fight;
3) and, most importantly, not just the rules but what the criteria for judging will be. If they are really smart, the fighters could agree to a "conditional decision" if the fight doesn't end in a knock out that could be reviewed before a panel to finalize the outcome.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I think that you're wrong about all that, Ambrose. I think that the boxing bosses basically couldn't care whether the boxers live or die, just that they "earn" for them, same as the Mafia. You see that over and over, and with the headliners as well as the fat city guys...like the way they totally lost interest in Mago after the fight was over and showed him the exit, the way they continually dogged Andrew Golota, a huge draw, with their crooked referee and judges; Ricky Hatton, the hottest boxer in UK, goes to Las Vegas and runs into in-house referee Joe Cortez, and a special made to order Mayweather-ring...there are a million examples. Can you give me one example of boxers themselves negotiating what you said they can, over the heads of the boxing mobsters?

Baseball players in the US were treated like chatel too in the old days, tho not nearly as bad as boxers, because baseball is a team sport and never was as filthy with the underworld as boxing, even in its worst days...and then the baseball players unionized.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think that you're wrong about all that, Ambrose. I think that the boxing bosses basically couldn't care whether the boxers live or die, just that they "earn" for them, same as the Mafia. You see that over and over, and with the headliners as well as the fat city guys...like the way they totally lost interest in Mago after the fight was over and showed him the exit, the way they continually dogged Andrew Golota, a huge draw, with their crooked referee and judges; Ricky Hatton, the hottest boxer in UK, goes to Las Vegas and runs into in-house referee Joe Cortez, and a special made to order Mayweather-ring...there are a million examples. Can you give me one example of boxers themselves negotiating what you said they can, over the heads of the boxing mobsters?

Baseball players in the US were treated like chatel too in the old days, tho not nearly as bad as boxers, because baseball is a team sport and never was as filthy with the underworld as boxing, even in its worst days...and then the baseball players unionized.
When a star becomes more powerful than his promoter and has business sense they set their own rules. Ray Leonard did this with Mike Trainer, Gerry Cooney did this with the Whacko Twins, Dela Hoya did this years later by creating his own promotional company while still fighting. Even the K brothers have done this with K2 promotions, of course you can argue they have become part of the problem since they promoted the Mago fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Even the K brothers have done this with K2 promotions, of course you can argue they have become part of the problem since they promoted the Mago fight.
They were not the promoter of Abdusalamov, a Jew named Sampson Lewkowicz was.

It was a co-promotion. K-2's Jewish manager Tom Loeffler promoted Mago's opponent Mike Perez.

Jews still run boxing: Top Rank's Arum, K-2's Loeffler, Golden Boy's Schaefer, HBO's Hershman, Lewkowicz, etc.

Last edited:

Ambrose

Master
When a star becomes more powerful than his promoter and has business sense they set their own rules. Ray Leonard did this with Mike Trainer, Gerry Cooney did this with the Whacko Twins, Dela Hoya did this years later by creating his own promotional company while still fighting. Even the K brothers have done this with K2 promotions, of course you can argue they have become part of the problem since they promoted the Mago fight.

White gave you a few examples above Wolf, I add Hopkins to the list of boxers who negotiate who they want to ref and judge their fights. And, of course, weasel Mayweather Jr. gets all of his decisions in writing, signed, and faxed to him before he even enters a ring.

In the end, its always the fighters that are to blame. They have free will don't they? If they don't like the conditions why do they participate? Is anyone holding a gun to their heads? No. Why should a man who risks his life not be smart enough to dictate to those that are profiting from his risks?

werewolf

Hall of Famer
White gave you a few examples above Wolf, I add Hopkins to the list of boxers who negotiate who they want to ref and judge their fights. And, of course, weasel Mayweather Jr. gets all of his decisions in writing, signed, and faxed to him before he even enters a ring.

In the end, its always the fighters that are to blame. They have free will don't they? If they don't like the conditions why do they participate? Is anyone holding a gun to their heads? No. Why should a man who risks his life not be smart enough to dictate to those that are profiting from his risks?
"Why should a man who risks his life not be smart enough to dictate to those that are profiting from his risks?"

Because if he doesn't do what the boxing bosses want he won't get work...or worse.

"of course, weasel Mayweather Jr. gets all of his decisions in writing, signed, and faxed to him before he even enters a ring."

Ha ha! But, Ambrose, old bean, you think boxing is a lot more legit than I do. Only a tiny percentage of boxers, very few top guys, are in a position to demand anything, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think even they have say in who the judges and referee will be. I think that what ever mob runs the territory where the fight takes place decides that.

This was back in the 1950's, but boxing hasn't gotten any better:

"The Mob, Murder Inc. and Madison Square Garden: Boxing's Tale of Corruption"

"The mob controlled it all, from the trainers and managers to the reporting journalists...

...for the great fighters of the day it didn’t matter how much hard graft [sic] they put in, how many long hours they spent running the roads or how many punches they threw with venom into the heavy bag. To get to the top, unless they were absolutely exceptional, it was a case of who they knew rather than what they knew if they intended to get ahead.

Mike Silver, boxing historian and author of the acclaimed book ‘The Arc of Boxing’, explains further: “The mob's influence was pervasive during the 1950s primarily because they controlled the International Boxing Club - the sport's major promotional outfit. And since the IBC controlled televised boxing that gave the mobsters even more power.

"Frankie Carbo and Blinky Palermo controlled the lightweight and welterweight championships. In addition they had silent partnerships in the management of many top contenders desirable to television.

“I'm not saying that every fight was fixed but a number of lightweight and welterweight championship fights were fixed, either by paying off judges or one of the fighters agreeing to throw a fight. Many other non-title fights were fixed as well.

"It was very easy to fix a fight as you only had two men competing so you just had to get one of the fighters to cooperate. The only positive thing to say about mob control in the 50s was that important bouts got made and the business ran smoothly. But it was corrupt in many ways and that corruption eventually rotted the sport from the inside.”

Boxing historian Ray McCormack agrees. “The mob's influence was enormous and everyone knew it, but it was hard to prove."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ison-square-garden-boxings-tale-of-corruption

It hasn't gotten any better.

Weasel Mayweather, too. If he crosses them the little schwartze/mulignan will get fosterized, he'll wind up like Sonny Liston and Sergei Kobozev and Edwin Valero (I don't believe the suicide story). The Las Vegas mobsters pay him a lot of money, but he knows that.

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
They were not the promoter of Abdusalamov, a Jew named Sampson Lewkowicz was.

It was a co-promotion. K-2's Jewish manager Tom Loeffler promoted Mago's opponent Mike Perez.

Jews still run boxing: Top Rank's Arum, K-2's Loeffler, Golden Boy's Schaefer, HBO's Hershman, Lewkowicz, etc.

JEWISH INFLUENCE IN THE BUSINESS OF SPORTS

" ...Jews have also long dominated the boxing world, as promoters, managers, agents, and other entrepreneurs..."

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-capitalists-sports.html

Ambrose

Master
"Why should a man who risks his life not be smart enough to dictate to those that are profiting from his risks?"

Because if he doesn't do what the boxing bosses want he won't get work...or worse.

"of course, weasel Mayweather Jr. gets all of his decisions in writing, signed, and faxed to him before he even enters a ring."

Ha ha! But, Ambrose, old bean, you think boxing is a lot more legit than I do. Only a tiny percentage of boxers, very few top guys, are in a position to demand anything, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think even they have say in who the judges and referee will be. I think that what ever mob runs the territory where the fight takes place decides that.

This was back in the 1950's, but boxing hasn't gotten any better:

"The Mob, Murder Inc. and Madison Square Garden: Boxing's Tale of Corruption"

"The mob controlled it all, from the trainers and managers to the reporting journalists...

...for the great fighters of the day it didn’t matter how much hard graft [sic] they put in, how many long hours they spent running the roads or how many punches they threw with venom into the heavy bag. To get to the top, unless they were absolutely exceptional, it was a case of who they knew rather than what they knew if they intended to get ahead.

Mike Silver, boxing historian and author of the acclaimed book ‘The Arc of Boxing’, explains further: “The mob's influence was pervasive during the 1950s primarily because they controlled the International Boxing Club - the sport's major promotional outfit. And since the IBC controlled televised boxing that gave the mobsters even more power.

"Frankie Carbo and Blinky Palermo controlled the lightweight and welterweight championships. In addition they had silent partnerships in the management of many top contenders desirable to television.

“I'm not saying that every fight was fixed but a number of lightweight and welterweight championship fights were fixed, either by paying off judges or one of the fighters agreeing to throw a fight. Many other non-title fights were fixed as well.

"It was very easy to fix a fight as you only had two men competing so you just had to get one of the fighters to cooperate. The only positive thing to say about mob control in the 50s was that important bouts got made and the business ran smoothly. But it was corrupt in many ways and that corruption eventually rotted the sport from the inside.â€￾

Boxing historian Ray McCormack agrees. “The mob's influence was enormous and everyone knew it, but it was hard to prove."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ison-square-garden-boxings-tale-of-corruption

It hasn't gotten any better.

Weasel Mayweather, too. If he crosses them the little schwartze/mulignan will get fosterized, he'll wind up like Sonny Liston and Sergei Kobozev and Edwin Valero (I don't believe the suicide story). The Las Vegas mobsters pay him a lot of money, but he knows that.

Wolfman, of course the business is full of crooks. Who is denying that? I have personal first-hand knowledge of it. I should know and I do know. There is evidence on almost every card. But what I've tried to tell here is fighters do have some choice. Vegas and New York are not the only places to participate on: have gloves will travel; have brains will better contract.

A scrub is wasting his time in the sport anyway. I would only advise someone who is truly sensational to fight pro. The U.K, Europe, parts of The British Commonwealth, and Japan are better places to build a record away from the beast. Once ranked or a champion, a fighter can negotiate a fairer contract as there are no rules.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"I would only advise someone who is truly sensational to fight pro."

The trouble with that plan is that just about everybody who turns pro thinks that he is truly sensational and will probably be the next champ. Eventually it may belatedly occur to some fellers, like the colored boy below, that, all things considered, he probably ain't too likely to become the next champ after all - but he thought he was after his first three fights!

Donnie Pendleton 13-166-6

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=004788&cat=boxer&pageID=3

Ambrose

Master
Wolfman boxing is so goddamn crooked, you gotta check out what the "IBF" has done to George Groves. After the bribed ref stopped his last fight from behind, he has been told (in some way?) to either accept 15% of the purse (Froch to accept 85%) or leave it! After he pays taxes, fees, surcharges, and all of the other expenses, he may keep 3-4%! I hope the fack he tells them to take their fight and shove it!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Wolfman boxing is so goddamn crooked, you gotta check out what the "IBF" has done to George Groves. After the bribed ref stopped his last fight from behind, he has been told (in some way?) to either accept 15% of the purse (Froch to accept 85%) or leave it! After he pays taxes, fees, surcharges, and all of the other expenses, he may keep 3-4%! I hope the fack he tells them to take their fight and shove it!

Froch is "connected", huh?

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Froch...

"Report says George Groves has asked BBB of C to change his loss to Froch into a No Contest"

By James Slater

According to an exclusive news story/interview on Sportsvibe, George Groves has asked The British Boxing Board of Control to change his controversial 9th-round TKO loss to Carl Froch to a No Contest. This is after Groves launched a successful appeal with The IBF, getting the organization to order Froch to face him in in immediate return fight or risk being stripped of the IBF belt..."

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/rep...o-a-no-contest-has-groves-gone-too-far-236391

The BBB though, that's a laugh.