Blanka Vlasic -- Stilts for Legs

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
You make us PROUD, and you are truly a physical specimen...

Enjoy these videos

[url]http://www.croatia.org/crown/articles/9249/1/A-new-star-was- born---Blanka-Vlasic---intelligent-and-sexy/Beautiful-and-sm art.html[/url]

The videos on the bottom are less grainy and are the real treat; things not seen in the normal TV coverage.

Not that it's that grainy. The Russian that finished 2nd also has a pair of stilts. All I can say is, White genetics ROCK!!Edited by: Deadlift

sunshine

Mentor
AweSome. We all realize that the women's high jump and pole vault have an added attraction-skimpy outfits and well you get my drift. Yes this video is an example of leaping ability explosiveness in the purest and rawest form. And three white gals SWEPT the medals at this years WC's.
Now if you will excuse me I want to check out the video again--purely to check out her technique of course.

2.05 meters is 6'8 3/4"

Blanka's back and bouncing higher than ever!
28 February 2008

The Croatian World High Jump Champion makes a triump-hant return
from injury before Valencia.
Photo by Picture Alliance

Europe's women High Jumpers had been waiting with baited breath to witness the return of Croatian World High Jump Champion Blanka Vlasic, following a foot injury that saw her drop out of a number of recent engagements and sparked rumours that the young Croatian's 21 competition win streak may be at an end.

Yet in true Blanka-style, the 6ft 2" High Jump star bounced back better than before in Weinheim, Germany last night, jumping 1.85m, 1.90m, 1.94m, 1.98m and 2.02m all on her first attempts, she equalled her Croatian indoor record from Banska Bystrica 2006, and bettered her World leading height from this year's Banska Bystrica meeting by clearing 2.05m in her third attempt.

Her comfortable 2.05m clearance encouraged European Athletics Athlete of the year 2007 to go on and attempt the 2.07m mark, and narrowly miss the clearance on her final attempt. A delighted Vlasic confirmed that she was back on form and ready for Valencia,

"This was very important for me after my injury. It has been an excellent test before Valencia; I have confirmed to myself that the quality shape is there, I must admit I'm more than satisfied with the way I jumped today."

Vlasic's last defeat was at the Bislett Games in June 2007 where she lost to reigning World Indoor and Olympic Champion Yelena Slesarenko (RUS). If both participants are present in Valencia we can look forward to an exciting battle of the World title-holders.