----Black Watch----

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
By "black" - I don't mean only Afro-Americans, but I'm planning to mainly talk about them.

I'm not sure if subpar black hitters' suffer from poor hand-eye coordination, but I do know that very few black hitters' are complete hitters.

The black slugger or power-hitter only make up a small part of the blacks in MLB (Ryan Howard and Prince Fielder). Justin Upton could become one of these.

I see the light-hitters taking up the black (AA) roster spots now and in the future. Some of them are quite awful and can't hit the long-ball or hit the double consistently. Michael Bourn comes to mind. The case can't be made that there aren't better White players.

Then again, you have Nate McClouth, a man with punch and he gets criticized by the MSM, while light-hitting blacks are somehow "revolutionizing" the game.. Yes, Nate needs to stay healthy. That has been his biggest problem.

Looking at some of the blacks in the college ranks, it seems to mainly be light-hitters. Some of them can't even hit for average. Even the black sluggers usually aren't even the best on their OWN team! And their alarming number of Ks doesn't bode well for the pros.

I checked the Ole Miss roster (they're doing well and in the Top 25), and I saw ZERO blacks. That's what SCARES the PTB, but they'll still elevate weak blacks into the Majors, and have us think that a "White boy" can't possibly have a superior skill-set to them. What a crock!

http://www.olemisssports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2600&SPID=748&SPSID=13050

Edited by: Deadlift

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
This isn't a "blacks suck at baseball" thread. Because, it isn't lost on me that last year's World Series could have been the Angels/Dodgers -- which would have probably been the darkest in history. Of course, many teams' line-ups are heavily non-White, so it's an issue of degrees and then there's the racial break-down of the pitching staffs.

Blacks do tend to struggle against playoff pitching, though. In the regular season, when blacks abuse pitching, it's usually non-White pitchers and washed-up White ones..

Ken Griffey Jr

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/7664/ken-griffey

I'm very happy that he likely won't reach 3,000 hits. He also didn't steal many bases, but that shouldn't surprise - as he was a primadonna.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's a good idea to discuss black players at any length on this forum. CF is here to discuss and celebrate white athletic acheivement, why spend any energy on non-whites?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I just posted a trade.

I'm NOT posting the daily stats of black players!!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
jaxvid,

I was thinking about starting a few team threads - for teams that got darker - like the "Red Sox" or "Astros" but I started this thread instead. As more MLB games take place, we can discuss the happenings of those experiments in this thread.

I thought, "why start an Astros' thread when they probably have no chance at the post-season?"

As for the Bo Sox, I think some people were ready to proclaim Theo Epstein as a "good Jew"... but then the "too White" articles came out, and now they have bums like Bill Hall and Mike Cameron. Victor Martinez came there in a trade last season, and fantasy baseball players thought he was going to contribute spectacularly, and he didn't really do anything. This year, same thing so far. Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't discussed the Bo Sox more.

Also, I said quite a few blacks are "light-hitters" -- so I'm not going around praising everything with dark skin. I don't work for the Caste Media!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
"Reds' pitcher Volquez suspended 50 games for testing positive for fertility drug!"

And he gets to serve his suspension while recovering from an injury.
smiley5.gif

Of course this is the same MLB that let Manny Ramirez do his "get-in-shape" games in the minors last year while he was still suspended.

MLB and getting tough on drugs. What a joke!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Having so many blacks and Latinos at Center Field is something that's ridiculous and absurd. Such a farce.

Orioles' Adam Jones has been atrocious at the plate, only hitting .208 at this moment with 21Ks.

Yankees' Curtis Granderson -- in an excellent hitting line-up I might add -- is hitting .236 at this moment.

I'm not saying Granderson is "finished" (that would be foolish), but he can definitely be considered "overrated" right now.

The Reds' Brandon Phillips may be finished...
smiley36.gif
Well, he's not exactly living up to the MSMs massive-hype of him -- from a few years ago.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The vile Milton Bradley had a meltdown.. what's new? Just another spoiled buck that's afraid of his own shadow.

In other news, the great Corey Patterson (of Cubs' "fame") is back!! He had a few decent seasons, but that's it. He was a KO machine and couldn't draw a walk to save his life...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/174731/corey-patterson

He's with the Orioles. He hit a HR today off of non-White Brandon League. When he was with the Cubs' -- the MSM slobbered all over him. It was such a circus, that this contributed to my awakening. White position players WEREN'T being hyped-up like that...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
So, we are now at the midpoint of the season... it's pretty clear that more blacks are floating around in the majors this year.

The Red Sox recently acquired Eric Patterson from Oakland. I guess he was performing so mediocrely that Oakland figured - "why not trade him?"

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/547901/eric-patterson

--It was good that Prince Fielder struggled for much of the season, but he has picked things up since.

--Justin Upton has had a disappointing season. That's cool.

--Nyjer Morgan has been very underwhelming, to say the least!