Billy Packer-gone?

guest301

Hall of Famer
There was a article in yahoo sports today about a report that Billy Packer has been dismissed from CBS and doing college basketball for them. That's great news if it's true because I got tired of that caste ass clown always hating on the mid-majors and also always stereotyping the white athlete. If he is truly gone from CBS, that truly is "One Shining Moment".

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I don't know much about Billy's caste policies. I only watch the March Madness, I don't watch the college basketball season. However, I do remember Mr. Packer got in trouble for saying about Allen Iverson after he exploded in traffic to the hoop and got crushed to the floor; "that's one tough monkey there!". Some in the media took it as a racial epithet. Packer responded, he would say the same for a white player who was as tough as Iverson!"

guest301

Hall of Famer
Packer was always the first one to remind us whenever there was a majority white team versus a majority black team how much more athletic and quick the black team was. He loved repeating that line throughout the game. Screw him, glad he's gone. He also came off often like a pompous ass and was not well liked in college basketball circles.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I did stats for two years while at Penn State for basketball and football games and can confirm that Packer was a pompous ass. Of all the people I worked with, well-known and not well-known, he was the only one I didn't like.