Big East not as deep as talking-heads

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
claim

West Virginia will be out of the top 25.

When I've watched quarter-black Villanova play, they've been awful. I've always despised Villanova. They SHOULD be out of the top 25, but probably won't be.

I'm not just looking at rankings. It's freaky when one watches a patheticly sloppy Big East game -- which most are -- and then afterwards you see the ESPN studio crew lavish the "greatness" of the game!

The best Big East teams, in no particular order, appear to be Pittsburgh, UCONN, Georgetown and Notre Dame. Even so, UCONN has some holes but could get their act together.

I'm not yet sold on Syracuse. Notre Dame has to continue to win the games that they're supposed to win, and some that they aren't.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Georgetown "upset" higher-ranked Syracuse. We'll see if the 'Cuse bounces back.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
when you take the writers' and other media types' opinions out of the matter, the Big East isn't the top conference.

i was watching a game the other day that showed a graphic rating the conferences' strength using just conference RPI. well, "shockingly" the Big East was actually 3rd, and by quite a large margin.

if i recall correctly, the Big Ten was number 1.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Many Big East teams' usually "bomb" in the NCAA Tournament.

Notre Dame plays at Syracuse tomorrow. A very big game for Notre Dame.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Your right Jimmy, the Big Ten is currently number 1.

I don't think the Big East "bombs". They usually get a team to the final 4. But it is nice to see the overrated UConn teams get "upset" some years.

As for ND vs Syracuse. I'll root for Gody and Kyle. I do however like Andy Routins (says he'll play after scary injury the other night). Devendorf is talented as well but acts and behaves like a brotha.