Baseball player trys football

sunshine

Mentor
Barry Quickstad, a former minor league baseball player is trying the Jason Sehorn route. He signed to play with North Dakota State and will likely play safety. He has all the markings. He is over six feet and 200 plus pounds. He jumps about 35 inches and runs the 40 around 4.32-4.37. They say he hits like a freight train.Obviously he was not making progress in baseball and hopefully the move pays off at the end of the day.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wow, if that 40 time is correct and not shaved, like so many black (stars), then he may have a shot in the NFL if he does well at North Dakota State.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Geez, North Dakota State, last refuge of the great white football player!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Why is he playing safety and not corner at North Dakota State when he has speed like that? Small programs like NDS will play a fast white at a taboo position, but then they never get to advance to the NFL because they didn't play at a big program. I wonder if any player from NDS has ever made it to the NFL. If a guy like that with world class speed can't play corner at North Dakota State, the Caste System has become far more extreme than ever.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
So true Don, I just hope he does well there at NDSU, either at corner or safety. Maybe he will put up some great numbers. I don't know about their NFL alums. If he is that fast, he should definetely be in a big time program, but the Caste Systems grip is getting tighter around white players.

kevin

Guru
north doakota state has hada few good white corners but none have platyed in the nfl. No matter how good you play on that team, you will most likely have to preform well at a combine to make it to the nfl.