Barkley at it again!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well I guess this beats dwarf tossing and fleeing Nevada because of gambling debts...
smiley11.gif
Here is the story....ex, ran stop sign

December 31st, 2008 @ 6:45pm

by KTAR Newsroom

Basketball Hall of Famer Charles Barkley was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after he ran a stop sign in Old Town Scottsdale early Wednesday.

A Gilbert police officer assigned to the East Valley DUI Task Force saw Barkley go through the stop sign in the area of 75th Street and Sixth Avenue about 1:30 a.m., said Gilbert Police Lt. Eric Shuhandler.

According to the Gilbert Police Department's report of the arrest, when asked where he was going, Barkley told police, "I was going to drive around the corner and get" oral sex, with a woman he'd picked up just before being pulled over. Barkley said he had engaged in sex with the woman last week.

The report also said that Barkley asked a civilian member of the police department if he could get out of the DUI by getting their name tattooed on his backside. He initially said it backwards, asking if he could tattoo his name on their backside before laughing and rephrasing.

A police release said Barkley, 45, who was driving a 2005 Infiniti "was administered the standard field sobriety tests after the odor of intoxicating liquor was detected."

After the officer established probable cause, Barkley was arrested for driving under the influence, a Class 1 misdemeanor.

"I am disappointed that I put myself in that situation," Barkley said in a statement to The Associated Press. "The Scottsdale police were fantastic. Now it is a legal matter, and I will not comment any further as it is a legal matter."

Shuhandler said Barkley, a former Phoenix Suns star and now a commentator for TNT, was taken to the task force command post.

"We did take blood as a normal procedure for the Gilbert Police Department. He submitted to all required tests by law," said Shuhandler.

Blood test results are not available yet, he said.

"Typically, it will take a few days, probably more like a week."

Police said Barkley "was cooperative and respectful during the entire incident."

After booking, he was cited and released, which Shuhandler said is common practice in many DUI cases.

"We typically will cite and release just about all our misdemeanor DUI's unless there is a warrant for their arrest or some other safety issue that occurs."

Barkley left the command post in a cab, police said.

Barkley played 13 years in the NBA after he was drafted out of Auburn in 1984. He played for the Suns from 1992 to 1996, sandwiched between stints with the Philadelphia 76ers and Houston Rockets.

Barkley retired in 2000 as one of only four players in NBA history with 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists. He was indicted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2006.

Barkley's career was marked by a couple of incidents: in 1993, he declared in a Nike commercial that sports figures should not be considered role models; and in 1991, he was suspended and fined $10,000 by the NBA after spitting at a heckling fan and instead hitting a young girl during a game in New Jersey.

bigunreal

Mentor
"Sir" Charles had more than those two off-court "incidents" during his career. If I recall correctly, on TWO seperate occasions, "Sir" Charles was charged with beating up much, much smaller men in bars. In at least one of the "incidents," this tubby afflete threw his tiny assault victim through a window (might have been both times). I think he actually went to trial both times. Shockingly enough, a jury of his peers found him not guilty. If I'm not mistaken, his defense (since he couldn't deny fighting) centered around "self defense," "the other guy started it," etc. Despite the fact he was at least twice as big as both his victims, the typically moronic jury bought it.

The mainstream media tries very, very hard to portray "Sir" Charles as a funny, lovable "average" guy. As a result, "the people" seem to adore him. Especially white males, even though "Sir" Charles despises them (like so many other black celebrities, "Sir" Charles is fond of white women like his wife). The Stupid (Republican) Party considers him a dashing potential political candidate. If he ever decides to listen to them and run for political office, there is no doubt he'd win.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes I think he has fetish for beating up undersized white guys. The glass incident was against a Cuban who I assume is white(if he was brother he would have gotten a pass). He used he called me the N word defense. I don't think even in Louisiana(the most corrupt state of the union) Barkley could win anything more than a alderman type political job. Also that district would have to heavily low income/minority or more specifically black. I think even new immigrant low income people would have enough sense to not vote for that buffoon.
smiley11.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Like Barkley, John Daly has a drinking and gambling problem. But I don't recall Daly ever heaving any black folks through plate glass windows or otherwise engaging in any acts of violence. Nor has he made racist comments, as "Sir Charles" is wont to do.

Daly is the perfect villain for the media, a white golfer with a happy go lucky, dysfunctional streak in a sea of very well behaved golfers, who was recently suspended by the PGA tour for six months, not for any particular incident but for being John Daly. Barkley on the other hand is rewarded with network announcing jobs, has been designated as a national spokesman for the Negro race, is fawned over by the entire media including the Rush Limbaugh neo-con types, and has been encouraged to run for Governor of Alabama for quite a few years now. Maybe this latest incident will put a crimp in his image, but if the past is any guide all will quickly be forgotten and forgiven.

icsept

Master
Jason Whitlock wrote an article for FoxSports stating that this arrest was retaliation for Barkley's criticism of Auburn for not hiring Turner Gill!!!

This is typical Black narcissistic insanity. Yes, the Scottsdale police department was acting under directive of the secret government department of Whitey, to retaliate on behalf of Auburn's athletic director.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Whitlock is usually smarter than that and not your typical black race baiting sports reporter. I wonder if Whitlock was being tongue in cheek about that. Whatever the case, I would love to see the full text of Whitlocks comments.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Several years back, Rush Limbaugh and other neutered "conservatives" were pushing Barkley to run for governor of Alabama as a Republican. One could only imagine what a "Barkley administration" would be like -- probably reminiscent of the way things are done in Liberia.

Turns out Chuck isn't much of a Republican.

Basketball Thug Charles Barkley Threatens to Beat Mitt Romney Like a Drum

“Mitt Romney, listen man. We’re gonna beat you like a drum in November,” former NBA player Charles Barkley said during the TNT broadcast of Sunday night’s Celtics game. “Don’t take it personally. I like you. You seem like a nice guy. But you’re going down, bro.”

full article: http://godfatherpolitics.com/5090/b...ey-threatens-to-beat-mitt-romney-like-a-drum/

Deacon

Guru
Jason Whitlock wrote an article for FoxSports stating that this arrest was retaliation for Barkley's criticism of Auburn for not hiring Turner Gill!!!

This is typical Black narcissistic insanity. Yes, the Scottsdale police department was acting under directive of the secret government department of Whitey, to retaliate on behalf of Auburn's athletic director.

Haha, I remember that. After being spurned by those racists at Auburn, Gill went to Kansas where he compiled an outstanding record of 5-19, including a robust conference record of 1-16!

He's now coaching at Liberty University.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
My old HS pal who bounces in Atlanta says Barkley comes in his club ever few weekends. My buddy (who's racially aware) actually says Barkley's pretty friendly (in person). My pal comes across many many pro athletes & says most are fairly down to earth (especially Dan Ugla, Junior Assuncao & Riley Cooper). He did say PDiddy was a major d0ucheb@g. I actually got Barkley's autograph when he was with the 76'ers (circa '85...in my quasi DWF days).

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Just happened to catch the end of Dan Patrick's interview with Barkley this morning. Dan Patrick discussing Riley Cooper and asked CB if he ever played with any racist NBA players and of course we know DP was talking about a white NBA player and CB said the only racist player I played with was black and he hated white people. I would have liked to have seen DP's face, I know he was surprised!

I rarely agree with CB on anything, but apparently he understands racism cuts both ways. He went on to say he doesn't believe most whites dislike blacks and that he agreed with the Zimmerman verdict. That's about all I heard. Did anyone else hear this interview this morning?

BTW, Dan Patrick can't seem to let Riley Cooper go, saying everyday he, RC, should have been suspended or let go!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Just happened to catch the end of Dan Patrick's interview with Barkley this morning. Dan Patrick discussing Riley Cooper and asked CB if he ever played with any racist NBA players and of course we know DP was talking about a white NBA player and CB said the only racist player I played with was black and he hated white people. I would have liked to have seen DP's face, I know he was surprised!

I rarely agree with CB on anything, but apparently he understands racism cuts both ways. He went on to say he doesn't believe most whites dislike blacks and that he agreed with the Zimmerman verdict. That's about all I heard. Did anyone else hear this interview this morning?

BTW, Dan Patrick can't seem to let Riley Cooper go, saying everyday he, RC, should have been suspended or let go!

Doesn't he have a white wife? I remember as a kid during the early 90's watching the NBA, Barkley was always claiming some type of racism against blacks.

Gibbon

Guru
I don't dislike Barkley. Though he's kind of a moron. And not quite as funny and interesting as sports producers hope and imagine him to be simply because his is slightly less filtered than other commentators.

That Ernie Johnson side kick though. Wow. What an embarrassment. Though one did occasionally detect some underlying irritation from the guy during those segments where he, white nerd that he was, was invariably the butt of some ostensibly good natured jab. I am shocked that I ever sat through three seconds of those halftime shows let alone one second of an NBA game (Dirk Nowitzki not withstanding).