Australian college players

sunshine

Mentor
I see JB Cash has done a profile on Aussie players in the NCAA today. The best white soph is Andrew Bogut and the best white frosh might be Daniel Bruce, a 6'3 guard out of Baylor. I personally do not care where these guys come from but it does illuminate the fact that white US players have been disappearing at an alarming rate. In fact take a look around for prominentwhite freshman this year and the situation is outright dismal. Things have never been worse. Perhaps the next couple of classes,2005 and 2006 will at least get white players back to the level prior to the past two recruiting classes. Which is not saying much.

JD074

Master
I didn't know Bogut is Croatian. That's cool. It's good to see so
much talent coming from Australia. They also had a terrific
showing in another American sport, baseball, in the Olympics
last year. They won a silver medal by upsetting the Cubans.
Go Aussies! Invade America!
smiley20.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Actually there are and have been quite a few players from Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia. They are pretty much the same genetic stock though they in times past have been bitter rivals.

Croatian : Bogut, Toni Kukoc, Gordan Giricek, Zoran Planinic,Nenad Krstin? and the lateDragen Petrovic and Geeorge Mikan..

Slovene: Rasho Nestarovic, Beno Udrih, Bostjan Nachbar, Sasha Vujacic, Primoz Brezec

Serbian: Sasha Pavlovic, Darko, Zarko Cabarkapa, Marko Yaric, Zeljko Rebraca, Vlade Divac, Peja Stojakovic, Predrag Drobnjak, Vladimir Radmanovic, Rudy Tomjanovich and the late Pistol Pete Maravich.

Idon't think Croatia and Slovene combined contain more than a few million paople, the Serbs probably not more than 6-8 million. They sure have tall athletic players from such a small group. I may be have confused one or two players not sure.

kevin

Guru
i think bogout is the best player in college basketball right now and has the better chance of being a great nba player then anyone in college basketball. he is an outstading shooter and is very good inside. In my opinion he is as good defensive as tim duncan was at his age.

Gary

Mentor
I like the influx of white players into basketball.South Dakota University has an all-white team and there record is 21-5.Keep the White guys coming into all sports!